GUN Gonna take my CCW/CPL class next Saturday

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by dano, Mar 5, 2008.

1. dano

dano OT Supporter

:noes::noes::noes:

One step closer to owning a firearm though. I am excite.

I've budgeted very well since I moved out on my own and can't wait to make my first purchase. From all the reviews I've read and talking with friends (fellow owners) I think I'm going with this guy:

[​IMG]

I can't wait to be done and get more practice in at the range so I feel confident. :wiggle:

2. Slick26

Slick26 Gun|Bike|Cigar|PS3|Beer |Whisky|Night Crew

Taurus is fail. Remember these words.

I'll leave you alone now.

3. ShackleMeNot

ShackleMeNot MINDSET

I wouldn't own a Taurus auto.

Just sayin'.

4. cjj92yj

cjj92yj Guest

I happen to have a Taurus. The 24/7 Pro in 9mm. I absolutely fucking love that gun. 1500 rounds now of WWB and not a single malfunction of any sort. I'd not hesitate on that Millenium Pro.

5. dano

dano OT Supporter

:wavey:

Everyone that has one or has played with one says they love it. It's just the Taurus haters who provide no evidence other than "Taurus sucks balls!" that don't like 'em.

6. ShackleMeNot

ShackleMeNot MINDSET

Yeah. I've never seen a Taurus. I've certainly never seen one fail.

I wish you many long years of Taurus goodness.

7. minus

minus Damn you, Damn the Broccoli, and Damn the Wright B

My pt1911 runs well.

8. Skot281??

Skot281?? New Member

I don't hate on any brand of firearm in particular (barring high point, lorcin etc etc). I do caution you to not make the purchase decision based mostly on price point. Lots of pistols have a very low entry cost, but bear in mind that that is just what it sounds like, an entry cost. Once you factor in ammo costs, training, range fees, good holster/belt/mag pouch rig, the cost of the pistol itself is soon left in the dust. Just sayin'.

9. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

that nightmare customer service thread about taurus is enough to make me stay away.

if you want a similar gun, look at Kahr

10. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

I'd also remind you that most people that own guns really hardly ever shoot them in any volume. Check out some forums where shooters post, read their stories of warranty service. I've even had people tell me how great their handgun is and that it hardly ever jams :rofl: Just use caution and do some reading before you drop down your cash.

11. dano

dano OT Supporter

I was checking out the P45 as well. I've got a friend with one who doesn't have anything bad to say about it. :wiggle:

12. Slick26

Slick26 Gun|Bike|Cigar|PS3|Beer |Whisky|Night Crew

The reason I've never touched one is because I've heard of and read of so much fucking fail with that company that it was enough to make me stay away.

It may not be my own experiences, but others. But they're still reasons and are not unfounded.

13. dano

dano OT Supporter

I'm not the typical OT'er who will defend my point to the death here man, a real conversation about why the suck/don't suck would be great.

From everything I've read and heard, when they entered the game the guns were absolutely horrible but they cleaned up their act and most stuff coming out of their factories nowadays is good quality stuff.

14. cjj92yj

cjj92yj Guest

Keep in mind the 24/7 got the 2005 NRA handgun of the year. That in itself says something to me. Like I've said, 1500 rounds in a little over a year tells me it's been a great gun. The Millenium is based off the same platform.

I will agree Taurus didn't necessarily make great guns to start with. But then again, when Honda cars first came to the US they were pieces of shit. Now look at what they have. Companies can change. I believe Taurus has made some fundamental changes in their designs and their processes. But the biggest change they've made IMO is in their QA/QC department.

15. dano

dano OT Supporter

Great analogy. :)

16. Clingman

Clingman Clingman runs Bartertown.

Broken "Glock 19" record checking in :wavey:

17. Cannondale

Cannondale OT Supporter

A friend has a Taurus Millennium 9mm. He bought it for cheap from a gunshop at a show. Been a fine gun, no problems to report at all. The double action trigger is long and a bit heavy, but it has never had any problems.

18. cjj92yj

cjj92yj Guest

I wouldn't say I'm bragging about a whopping 1500 rounds. To me even that is on the light side. But to others it's quite a bit. Just putting out there for reference. As for my carry ammo, I've shot a bit of it as well, and have had no issues there either.

I understand there are threads out there that complain left and right about shitty Taurus guns. I also realize I happen to be one of the few that really likes his. Either that, or I'm one of the many that likes his and posts about it.

Either way, it's personal preference IMO. :bigthumb:

19. dano

dano OT Supporter

Thank you. :wavey:

If someone wants to be an asshat, at least be an asshat with a reason other than "lol Taurus sucks do a search." At least the people who made the threads complaining did something for the good of the rest of us.

20. dano

dano OT Supporter

I do agree the company obviously has some pretty shitty customer service in regards to that story. But much like any manufacturer of anything, I'd put money on it that other companies have done their fair share of crap like that as well.

Didn't mean to bite your head off man. :wiggle: I just can't stand when people say something without backing it up at least.

BTW I did a search for "Taurus sucks" and that was one of the few threads it brought up.

21. dano

dano OT Supporter

Well since we're on the topic of bad company practices, who else is known for having some bad customer service? I've been thinking about a Kahr P45 if I don't do the Taurus. Anything nasty to say about them?