MMA gonna get a new gi, what would you guys reccomend

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by brolli, Sep 27, 2006.

1. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

So I've been using an old judo gi for the past 3 years but I think its time to get a new one. What would you guys reccomend? I was considering a koral or an atama.

2. AK-47

AK-47 Banned

:coold: i like atama gi's especially the ones with the flags on the shoulders, looks fucking badass. I just want to know what the difference between the various weaves is? double, single, gold etc..

3. MyLittleAirport

MyLittleAirport OT Supporter

I have 1 HCK, 2 Gameness, and 1 Solid.

My favorite and oldest one is the HCK and I love this gi to death, thing is durable and I've had for 3 years and the collar is still stiff as fuck and creates great discomfort for my opponent (apparently this is my competition gi) and makes it harder to do gi chokes on me.

I have been loving my Gameness ones more and more everytime I use them, I shrank them perfectly to the size where its small enough to be barely legal (barely 4 fingers in the sleeve). Really tight to my body so my gi won't go over my head and it just feels great overall.

The Solid one which I have never ever even heard of before, I just got it through my school and it sucks the worst. Too big and just doesn't feel as good as the others.

4. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

hm... I don't want the gi to be too thick or "restrictive" as I've trained with a friends double weave gi once and never want to roll in anything like that again. Oh, and if you guys have pictures wearing these gis post em!

5. Savage5point0

Savage5point0 Im an asshole.

Always had a HCK and never had any complaints. Get the single.

6. itr452

itr452 VTEC motherfucker, GOT ANY?

7. Bausk

Bausk New Member

I have a Gameness that I really dislike, and and Atama I just got that I love. The Gameness pants are a material that just doesn't feel comfortable. Completely the opposite with the Atama. The Gameness is going to become my rarely used backup now. Atama gold weave.

8. Antigeek

Antigeek Who Dat!

Do these things run large typically?

I got a size 3 Century last night when I signed up, but it's HUGE. My dobaks were all 3's and fit me fine.

Or should I shrink it after class tonight?

9. DSPNLM

DSPNLM New Member

This is a good thread, I've been training for 3 years and I've never bought a gi, sounds like atama is good, what size should a 6 ft. 200 lb guy get?

10. Bausk

Bausk New Member

I think A4 is the recommended size, but I got an A3 and it fits well enough. I was my gi's cold and tumble/hang dry them though. 6'1" 220lbs.