Gonna be a Daddy

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by riddic1985, Jan 15, 2006.

1. riddic1985

riddic1985 New Member

Well my girl is pregnant she has taken 5 tests all positive. So looks like riddic1985 is gonna be a daddy. Im definetly scared we werent exactly planning it yet. I'm ready though it kinda sucks cause I'm going to Iraq in a year. So I will miss most of the begining of my kids life but I guess "you gotta do what you gotta do". I am going to be here to see it born at least which makes me happy. Well I guess I have alot of thinking and preparing to do. :wiggle:

2. cobramadness

cobramadness OT Supporter

Nice to see that you aren't looking at this as a negative thing. Goodluck with everything.

3. jonno

jonno New Member

probably 20-21 judging by the 1985 at the end of his username

4. riddic1985

riddic1985 New Member

5. riddic1985

riddic1985 New Member

i am definetly postitive about it theres no need to be negative it will not help matters at all. So I am gonna take this thing full on and tackle it by the horns WOOT!! lol alright ill shutup now

6. riddic1985

riddic1985 New Member

anyone got any advice for me to help better prepare myself? I think I am going to be a good daddy but I just want everything to go smooth

7. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Congratulations!
    How is your relationship with the mother? How long have you two been together?(just nosey)

8. The Secretary

The Secretary My domestic skills will rock your socks off!

Yay for kids they are such a blessing, I dont have any but I love the little monsters. My cousin is getting ready to have hers at the end of this month. As for the advice part all the people I talk to about being parents its nothing like anyone expects and I dont think your every really prepared to bring another person into the world. But I do wish you the best of luck and be safe in Iraq next year, and most of all Congratulations.

9. riddic1985

riddic1985 New Member

We love each other dearly we have known each other for a little while but have only been together for 3 months. Yes I know its super soon but like I said I didnt plan this. It just happened. But I do love her and I want things to continue to work out between us. Not only for the kid but because I do truely love this girl. and im not one to say that so easily. Everythig just seems to be perfect between us. But I am still nervous something will happen between us especially since this is bvery pressuring. well thanks for the support guys it really means alot to me right now. im still pretty scared

10. skelm

skelm New Member

The real question should be:

How does she feel about all of this.

11. lauren

lauren Active Member

abortion/adoption not an option?

12. downbynature

downbynature New Member

First off, Congratulations!!..and good luck! Kinda new to the forum but I thought I'd chime in a bit.
    My son is 2-1/2 and he's the best thing that ever happend to me! We didn't plan this at all but I wouldn't change things for the world as far as he's concerned.
    I've had full custody for the past 2 years and you pick it up as you go. Every child is different so alot of things are trial and error. Try not to get too nervous and take as many pointers as you can.
    Once again, Congratulations!

13. Ded Guy Walkin

Ded Guy Walkin New Member

Congratulations and good luck man! Youll find that once youre a Dad, all your goals dreams and priorities will be forever changed. Not for the worse, nessissarily, but they'll def. be different.

14. lauren

lauren Active Member

yeah sure :hsugh:

15. riddic1985

riddic1985 New Member

yes i am happy i was scared at first and didnt think i was going to be ready buit you know what its happening and I cant change that. things happen in life and you just have to adapt to them and strive on. I planned on having a kid someday just not this soon but it happened and there has to be a reason why it did. I AM VERY HAPPY though and cant wait to hold him/her in my arms.

16. lauren

lauren Active Member

well, best of luck. you have a hard road ahead of you. but, just fyi, non surgerical abortions are ~200$.

edit: not trying to insite a prolife/prochoice debate, just trying to inform.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2006
  17. BrokenHalo

BrokenHalo New Member

wow... when did an OP become an e-thug?

anywho... congratulations kid. its going to be tough, but you sound like you're preparing yourself the best way you know how. and the fact that you're going into it with a positive attitude is not only going to make it easier on you, its going to make it easier on mommy too.

i will say that you're very young, and a fool to join the army ( ;) ) but good luck to you. its great that you've got your head on straight and are taking responsibility for your actions instead of just trying to convince your girl to take the easy and cowardly way out by having an abortion.

i'm prochoice, but i'm also prolife.

18. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

:werd: A whole hell of alot cheaper and less emotionally draining than a child.

All you people who think children are precious and what not are crazy.

But hey, i guess if it werent for you all, then life wouldnt go on. Cause im sure as hell not having kids :) ( and luckily my wife agree's)

19. riddic1985

riddic1985 New Member

who are you talking about?

20. RedDawg

RedDawg Well-Known Member

frag grenade in the coochie

21. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Children ARE absolutely precious.
    They are also a tremendous amount of work. Children don't raise themselves.

To the original poster, have the two of you sat down and discussed what *SHE* wants to do with the pregnancy (as Lauren has asked you)?
    Take a step back and see it from the outside's perspective. You have been together for 3 months and you are 20 years old. Why not examine your options? Just because she is pregnant doesNOT mean you have to stay together and that life will be great. In fact, life and you relationship WILL be more complicated and essentialy 'harder'.
    Are you prepared to take on the responsibility of having a child? This is a LIFETIME commitment here, and not one to be taken lightly. Can you afford it? Do you both live on your own right now? Are you in school? How old is she? Do you have a plan yet for the future? What happens if the two of you break up? Are you willing to deal with everything that comes with that? (visitation, child support, etc)
    Don't get me wrong, I think it's wonderful that you are so excited, but I truly don't believe that reality has set in with you yet.
    Good luck.

22. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

They are closer to $350 in our area, but I do believe that Planned Parenthood works in a sliding fee scale depending on your income.
    Please make sure that you and the mother discuss ALL of your options.

23. teo

teo . => ? => !

If you're happy together and happy with your child, then all the best to you. If things degrade down the road, please remember that a young child is happier when his/her parents are happy - if that means that you go your separate ways and split custody amicably, your child will be happier than if you stay together and fight all the time or show poor relationship skills (such as internalizing disagreements when they should be vocalized and discussed or devaluing your SO's opinion or contributions to the family).

Your child will watch everything you do and tend model his/her life after it, so if you handle your life and relationships maturely he or she will be more inclined to do the same.

24. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

Opinion...

I know MANY people who would disagree.

25. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

Pretty sure everything was fine till your dumbass decided to post:ugh2: