Golds Gym

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by smerkor, Sep 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smerkor

smerkor New Member

I am looking to get a membership there, and I was wondering what those of you who go there, or similiar gyms, pay per month + start up/initiation fees.

I went there the other day checking out their prices, and their basic package was 169 + 37month... which I laughed at. I know I can bargain down, just want to know the basic ranges.Thanks.

2. Jeff Merr

Jeff Merr Elite Member

It's a franchise so every golds will varry. The last 2 golds i have been to were 49.99 start up fee, 29.99/month. If you live in a highly populated, trendy area, expect to pay through the roof, most franchise gyms are out for one thing - money.

3. Raithan

Raithan :wackit:

The Golds' around here continually run specials.. like currently they're doing 5 weeks for $5. So I'm on that.. previous to that I did their 9 weeks for $19. Etc.. I just live from special ad to special ad :)

4. Ricey McRicerton

Ricey McRicerton New Member

I paid a dollar to sign up and 35 a month.

5. gubment cheese

gubment cheese New Member

i bought a 4 month membership to the local world gym for $149...after that it's a flat $499/year...i may try to talk them down a bit since there are 3 new trendy gyms that opened withing 10 miles of each other in the last month

6. EE CUMMINGS

EE CUMMINGS aka RobHuang

You're in austin? what part? i would recommend the one on william cannon/mopac. thats a corporate one. ive dealt with the franchised golds here in dallas and they are scum :down: ala $200 membership transfer fee :ugh:

7. Cumstang02

Cumstang02 New Member

They're opening some new Gold's in Dallas, so i think they might have some specials within the next couple of months

8. Elfling

Elfling New Member

We just signed up at a Gold's and they waived the initiation fee. Just ask for specials or look around; ask them to waive it even. I've belonged to Gold's in several states and never paid the initiation fee.

9. smerkor

smerkor New Member

The Gold's off of Ben White

10. JeremyD

JeremyD New Member

$0 sign up, $33.33 per month for the local golds with student discount.

11. Shiftknob

Shiftknob New Member

I go for free.

12. THE mister juice

THE mister juice jfk→sea

sucks that the gold's gym here is far from my place. :wtc:

my nearest gym wants $578 for 6 months, and it's full of trendy fags with chicken legs that look at you weird when you squat.

13. AMan

AMan ???????????

I pay $20 per month here. I didn't pay a startup fee either.

14. KIDRR

KIDRR Duck dog>* OT Supporter

They'll give you a great deal to start out with most of the time. Right now they are running $19 to start and $19 a month in my area. Then after the first year is up they'll raise your rates to $30 then to $40 a month the year after that and so on..booo

15. Shiftknob

Shiftknob New Member

:eek3: W T F ? Who is this? :squint:

Routine, its long to type it all, but if you want some pointers in the gym just ask, whether it is about training or diet. I am currently bulking, trying to put on weight so obviously my routine is 200 times different than the program I ran spring/summer. I train with the big kid Patrick too, so he definately pushes me.

16. Limp_Brisket

Limp_Brisket New Member

I haggled with the chick there for about 30 minutes and I paid $17 a month with no startup fee. you gotta haggle with them to get a good deal, their starting prices are ridiculous.

here's some things to do to get a better price. renew with all your friends at the same time, or sign up for the first time all at the same time; having multiple people is probably the best bartering tool you got. tell them if they give you a killer deal you'll all sign up right there and they'll be pretty lenient with prices.

if you're by yourself (like i was the second time because all your friends renewed without you, the bastards) just talk them down as much as you can and then mention that you'll pay it all upfront if they give you a lower monthly fee. they love this and it's also good for you; i've heard of gyms that don't like to stop the monthly credit card payments even when you've cancelled your account. so you don't have to deal with that possibility.

also don't be scared say stuff like "well i'm gonna go check with my friend before i sign up right here because he said he said he knows someone that coudl get me a deal" or "i only have this much to spend, i've gotta go shop around." i used those and the chick wouldn't let me leave; you have to realize these people get commission on people they get to sign up, so they want to seal the deal.

also ask about free months and stuff, but don't take them as part of the barter because they're always giving those out. ask about them after you have your price.

my friend signed up with him and 1-2 other buddies for $13 a month for 3 years. my $17 a month was for 2 years. be sure to mention to them that you "know" people who have gotten prices like these and you don't want to be paying more than the next guy.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2006
  17. Shiftknob

Shiftknob New Member

Wait are you the kid with the glasses? Whats up? See you there this week. I've known V forevar, my friend is obsessed with her :mamoru: Yea he is jacked as shit, I'm trying to catch up :hsd:

18. Shiftknob

Shiftknob New Member

I just pounded legs and washed the cars, I am done for the day. Off to stuff my face, bulking ftw

19. smerkor

smerkor New Member

well I figure I got an OK deal. 25 to start and 21.99/month. If I would have pressed more I think I could have gotten out of the start fee, but I at least got them to forgo the "processing fee"...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.