Gold diggers....

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by timberwolf, Feb 23, 2005.

1. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

Why would do we look down on a woman for being with a man for his money and personality rather than his looks and personality?
    Aren't looks and money equally 'superficial'?
    According to evolutionary psychology, money means security and looks imply good genes, both traits sought after.

2. MiseryIndex

MiseryIndex i never know why. i only know who. Moderator

well. to quite seinfeld, you never see a good looking homeless man.

but there can be a good looking nice guy who works some manual labor job & doesn't make a lot of money. i don't consider that equally superficial than someone who's with a guy just for security.

genearlly speaking, a gold differ is someone with a man just for money. not caring about his personality as much.
    & usually, the guys women that we call gold diggers are with, is a guy that doesn't have a compatible personality. or good looks.

3. The Secretary

The Secretary My domestic skills will rock your socks off!

genearlly speaking, a gold differ is someone with a man just for money. not caring about his personality as much.
    & usually, the guys women that we call gold diggers are with, is a guy that doesn't have a compatible personality. or good looks.[/QUOTE]

Case in point: Anna Nicole Smith

4. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

imo... gold diggers usually have the perception that everything is "me, me, me, me, me...." not only do they think that their man should take care of them in every way possible, but life, and everything about it, should be given to them on silver platters.

5. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

IE. They're selfish, and they're usually very disgusting on the inside. I figure any rich man stupid enough to marry such a grotesque woman deserves getting fucked over in the end. Let 'em at each other. The only problem is that these women get in a position of power when they have their husband's credit card.

6. IslanderOffRoad

IslanderOffRoad Do you even lift kit? OT Supporter

Be stronger than the gold diggers guys... they only take advantage of you if you let them.

7. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

It was a quote from somehwere that I found...
    Women that marry for money usually end up working for it.

A woman I know through a friend... she was/is very attractive. Probably modelled when she was younger etc.
    Anyhow she married this guy with a succesful dental practice. So not multi millionaire but definitely comfortable. Seems like a nice guy but I guess at best... would be considered average looking. Considering the mainstream attractive thread... definitely a couple that you wouldn't think are physcially compatible from the outside.
    Would you consider her a gold digger?
    When her younger sister introduced her personal trainer boyfriend who she announced her engagement to, the older sister was dissaproving. Her apparent advice to her younger sister is "You don't marry for love. You'll marry for the security and lifestyle and then comes love."

8. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

Success and financial stability is attractive to all women. I don't think that's the same as gold-digging though. :dunno:

9. itsme

itsme New Member

Very interesting

10. chica&buddies

i TOTALLY disagree. my financial security is soooo independent from my "husbands." regardless if i have a man in my life, i WILL be successful. i do not need a man to guarantee food on the table and a roof over my head. :rolleyes:

11. D

D A guiltless state of self awareness.. The process

I've never gone for money, & personality comes first. There has to be some chemistry too.
    I have had the opportunity to go for money, but I can't respect that choice much. Only if it's really love.
    I always felt that being able to support myself, & take care of me is tied into my self esteem, & self respect.
    Plus, if you go for rich, & you are poor, you'd better hope he isn't the controlling type, or you really will work for it.
    I want a partner. Not an owner.

12. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

But that doesn't mean you won't find his success and security charming and appealing (ie. to know you're not dating a loser).

13. greenbuggy

greenbuggy Guest

We look down on these women because they have what they have not earned...They see no reason to be independently successful of their own accord which is why quite a few women I know also look down on gold diggers (although in a different way than the men I know do). Most of them don't really have an intrinsic drive that (at least I) find interesting and attractive in a mate, they just have a drive to get someone else's property/credit card.

14. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

In some way, they have earned it though. They've spent thousands on plastic surgery, hours in the gym and tortured their bodies with awful diets. They worked hard for their sugardaddy. What I don't like about them is the position of power they are put in once they're finally there. That and how they exploit sex and love.

15. chica&buddies

he doesn't have to have tons of money to be successful. i don't date guys based on what monetary gain i'll receive. :rolleyes:

it's all about passion and being goal oriented. seriously, money has no effect on me.

16. Gold diggers arn't with the "Rich" men for their winning personalities!!...lol
    To me...if the guy is dumb enough to be handing out all his money to the girl then that's his own fault!

17. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

Like I said:

So where are you going with this argument? :)

18. chica&buddies

we're going in circles because i refuse to believe what you're saying, and you refuse to hear what i'm saying. :dunno:

i'm not your "typical female." i measure success and passion in different ways than most...not about how much money you have in the bank. :rolleyes: