GUN Going to try out a few handguns at the range, what should I look for?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Finest, May 30, 2003.

1. Finest

Finest OG #93

I found a nice local range that rents out handguns. What should I look for when handling and shooting a gun? I believe they carry most of the HK's, S&W's and a few Glocks. There was this one huge revolver that looked like the one that Joker had in Batman. LOL! (Well, the barrel was pretty long)

BTW, how much should I expect to pay for rounds anyways?

2. Enigma

Enigma Guest

Shoot an XD40. :hs:

3. Finest

Finest OG #93

A few. Had to complete a training course for this security job I had awhile back. (Hit 39 out of 40 from 25-50yrds) And shot off a few rounds from some friend's pieces. One was a 9mm and another was a .22, nothing too spectacular. But they didn't really feel "right" so I wanted to look for one for myself.

4. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

Find something that appeals to you when you hold it, and has the controls within easy reach of your fingers. Try out any HK, SIG Sauer, Glock, S&W, Beretta, Taurus, Springfield, Kimber, or Ruger you can lay hands on. That's pretty much all the big names that make quality handguns.

For target ammo, $10-12/per box of 50 tops, ideally cheaper. You can get a Winchester white box of 100rd of 9mm at Walmart for $10, although some ranges don't let you bring your own ammo.