GUN Going to the range again in a few hours....

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by mrbill, Oct 19, 2003.

1. mrbill

mrbill New Member

..I swear, it's like crack! Ever since my buddy showed me where this range was, I've gone every chance I've had. Tomorrow will make trip number 4 in less than 2 months(if i remember my dates right). Kellyclan- thank you so much! after reading your post about the trigger on my Kel-Tec, i took it back to the range this past Wed and tried some different things and lo and behold, it/i performed much better(it even seems to have a liking for hollow points ;)). gonna take the Kel-Tec, Kimber, Taurus and Desert Eagle this time around. Wed was the first chance I had to shoot my Kimber and i was more than impressed, even considereing the cheapo Wal-mart white box ammo i was using. Let's just say that when I take the CCW course with it, I won't have any difficulty passing ;). Well, that's about it, as usual, I'll let yall know how it went by replying to this thread.

2. Redmouse

Redmouse Just looking...

Tomorrow would be the 3rd time in less than 6 days. I try to go as much as possible to practice. I also find it relaxing. Shut the world out and concentrate on technique and target. :dunno: I'm just odd I guess.

3. novass

novass Guest

Im kind of lucky in this respect, I have a 300 yard range about 5 minuted form my house, its private ( $20.00 a year ) and there is never a wait, unless its a week before deeer season opens.

I can make up a load and be at the range to test it before I fifnish a soda.

4. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

i go to the indoor range twice a week, and outdoors once a week.

5. mrbill

mrbill New Member

Just got done cleaning the guns. I put 100 rnds through my Kimber about 100 through the Taurus, around 50 in the Kel-Tec and a box(20) through the Desert Eagle. The Kimber and Taurus both performed quite well. I'm still getting used to the Kel-Tec, but I did notice improvement. I also shot a buddy's .380(some weird off-brand), .35 Marlin and another friend's .243 and .270 Winchesters. Much fun was had by all. We even got had 2 people with us that had never shot before. They enjoyed themselves. It was a good day. Oh, and all I'll say about the .50AE is.........the usual....:big grin:

6. mrbill

mrbill New Member

novass...you lucky dog!
    footratfunkface....if there were an indoor range, i would go more often, but there are none in San Antonio(unless there's one not in the phone book cuz i called em all).
    redmouse...it is relaxing.