going to the gym twice in one day

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by dwarfcat, Dec 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dwarfcat

dwarfcat COLTS FTMFW

If you have a look at my sad little log you will see that I go to the gym 3 days on 1 day off with the days looking like this chest/tri, back/bi, shoulders/legs. I was wondeirng what you guys think of hitting the chest early in the day taking a few hours off and having a bite to eat and rest then coming back and hitting the your tris. I was thinking that this rest would allow me to go bigger and longer on the tris or bis depending on day.

2. dwarfcat

dwarfcat COLTS FTMFW

possible be able to add some more variation to the smaller muscle groups if I come back when they arent already feeling smoked from the other lifts

3. Uglybob69

Uglybob69 I miss beer.

If you want to i'd say do it. But as far as increased gains? I'd say they would be negligible if you got anything.

4. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

Its fine. I like to do that myself.

5. dwarfcat

dwarfcat COLTS FTMFW

aight, thanks guys

6. bawlinmo

bawlinmo Neighborhood Graphic Designer

I'm fairly new to the fitness game, but I started off strong. I went from being a lazy bum to swimming 7 days a week. 8 weeks later I started lifting weights. Starting the 4rth week of lifting I kicked it up to 8-9 workouts a week, about 4 weights and 4 cardio. I'm now on my 5th week (with weights and cardio), I do twice-a-days anytime I feel I have enough energy.

Overall it's not bad, but I'm not sure gains would be drastic if you were doing multiple weight lifting workouts in 1 day. The body needs recovery time. But mixing up weights and cardio in the same day is definitely no problem.

7. jonno

jonno New Member

if i go twice in one day it's because i have the time to do cardio in the morning and then lift later in the day

8. TheMarchHare

TheMarchHare OT Supporter

i do two a days on mondays and fridays. i work mon and fri evenings at a gym so i work out then, but i still have a regular schedule of mon wed fri morn. so i work in two body groups and mix it up in th eevenings, usually abs/core and cardio, maybe some extras on the body parts i hit in the morn.

9. Fattiefalldown

Fattiefalldown t(-.-t)

it's fine to split up your workout over the day, especially if you feel like you can put better effort into the second half.
    I'm used to splitting my days up because of the boxing and mma training though, so I guess it feels more natural to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.