MIL going to switch to tricare standard

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by greenpillow, Jul 6, 2006.

1. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

is anyone else on standard or is everyone on prime? I have called everyday for the last 6 weeks to try and get an appointment or a referal and i have gotten neither for a problem that should have been taken care of in the first week...:squint::o:wtc:

2. ManinCamo

ManinCamo I wear big boy pants.

my wife is on prime.

tricare is a pain in the ass to deal with. The standard general practitioner we're assigned to is a female, but she's deployed. My wife wanted to see a girl doctor for girl things. she had to make and go to a standard appointment, show up and say "I'm not getting an exam, give me a damn referal"

3. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

You mean like shopping, hair styling, pedicures, and home decorating?

4. ManinCamo

ManinCamo I wear big boy pants.

yes, she wanted a doctor to be her friend and go shopping. Hair styling not so much. Pedicures, defininitely. Home decorating - nah my wife has that down pat.

5. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

while i understand the importance of having enough appointments for active duty.. but if the dependents cant go off base.. and their are no appointments on base.. and the nurse cant squeeze you in.. it becomes a real problem.. alot of the spouces around here have to wait 6 weeks to be seen by any of the docs in the PCM... i have been waiting 6 weeks with "girl problems" with no hopes of being seen i guess i need to cough up the 1000 bucks to go to the ER in the next few days.. because some ass wants to get out of work for a cold.

/rant

6. Nixstress

Nixstress Look at me! I am edgy and stabby! OT Supporter

I'm on prime and have never had this problem before... as a matter of fact I went to Ft. Jackson for a graduation last year and called them up and was given an appointment the same day.

:dunno: When I was at Hood, Knox and even overseas I was always able to get an appointment the same week I called.

7. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

it was like that at sheppard.. and at lackland for me.. but not here.. its very frustrating.. they also dont have acute care at this base.. but for the kiddos their is no problem getting them in.. they also will not give out appointments days in advance.. you have to call the same day

they got rid of sick call and changed it so dpeendents can not call untill after 7:30 7-7:30 is when Active duty calls.. and usally the appointments are booked up for the day.. they also switched the call center.. so you call afterhours.. they will send you to the other lines and take your phone number then they will have a nurse who has nothing to do with the base call you and then if your about to die will they aprove you to go to the ER.. they had it set up that the Dr on call would call you and either tell you to wait untill morning.. go to first care or urgent care or send you on to the ER.. but not anymore..

im just pissed off.. other bases cant run like this.. its simple if you cant be seen on base for women problems send them off base.. dont make people wait weeks to be seen.. its not only happing to me but my neighbor some how got ring worm (or so they though) and she had to wait months to be seen by that time and even talking to the advicate they had spread all over her body.. why bother being in the medical field if you dont want to help people..

8. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

Yeah, I can see where she would want a doc to go with her on those outings.