MIL Going to MEPS!

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by SuperMaWiiOH, May 14, 2008.

1. SuperMaWiiOH

SuperMaWiiOH New Member

Well, I'm going up to MEPS tonight. I'm sure I'll be bored off my butt all day tomorrow. Anyways when it comes to talking about MOS and DEP, I'm gonna explain to them about my wife being pregnant and I wish to leave after the birth, which is supposed to be August 8th. I'll know when I get there if I qualify for a security clearance or not because of my wife not yet being a permanent resident.

If they say they can't keep me in DEP for a few months, I'll remind them that they can keep someone in DEP for up to one year. If they continue to resist, I'll politely explain that they can either draw up a reasonable contract of me being in DEP, or I can leave MEPS with no contract at all. Hopefully this goes smooth and no bumps in the road. I'll give an update ASAP.

2. MassiveGas

MassiveGas OT Supporter

i didn't have any problems when i enlisted; i was in DEP for 5 months.
    said i had a wedding to be in and that my family would be upset if i wasn't there; dude made a phone call and a few minutes later i was signing papers

3. J

J Active Member

They really wont force you to ship out ASAP as a DEPer. There should be no problems at all.

4. bigfodee

bigfodee Active Member

they might try to move your date up and say oh well blah blah blah... but you can tell them to fuck off pretty much all the way until you actually arrive at boot camp

5. NisAznMonk

NisAznMonk New Member

You are prior enlisted. Shouldn't this be pretty easy?

6. SuperMaWiiOH

SuperMaWiiOH New Member

I guess I was not able to pick an MOS or anything until I see a counselor there next week. Then once that is done I can proceed to join. MEPS was a breeze, barely anyone there this time so it took only a couple hours to complete the phys. They also told us to NEVER sign something unless it's what we want, and agree to.

7. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

I fail to see the point of this thread.

Are you trying to ask us if this is possible or something?