Going to meet the g/f's son today

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by VashTheStampede, Feb 26, 2007.

1. VashTheStampede

VashTheStampede New Member

Well, I'm going to meet the new g/f's son today for the first time. :noes: Her and I have been dating for the past month, and she finally decided it was time to tell her son about me, and for me to meet him. He's 8, and seems like a good kid.....I talked to him on the phone last night after she talked to him, and so far he seems to be alright with things. I'm just nervous as hell, because this will pretty much make or break our relationship, and she's the first woman I've dated who's had a kid. Wish me luck. :x:

2. jpolakowski

jpolakowski New Member

If he's eight years old I don't really think it's going to phase him much unless he's already really protective of his mom. Good luck though.

Just another thought, considering his age he might look at you as more of a friend than someone who is dating his mom.

3. xinster

xinster New Member

infect him with the anime virus

4. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

It seems slightly soon to start a relationship with the son as well. I hope all goes well for you though!

5. JemmaX

JemmaX New Member

I think the timeline really depends on a lot of different things.

I dated one guy for about three months, he never met my kids. i realized I didnt really want him to meet them which made me realize that I didnt want anything long term with him, so bye bye him.

my last bf met the kids after about a month. he is great with kids and i knew they would hit it off.

If your gf is feeling good about it, then you should feel good about it. just as long as you arent pushing this meeting to be sooner than she or her son is ready, then everything will be fine. Just be yourself. kids can smell a rat real easy anyways.

good luck!

6. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

I guess I disagree. I don't think kids should be brought into the relationship until it is serious. It is very hard on children to have men brought in and out of their lives. That's just my opinion though from living through it myself.

7. Socrates

Socrates New Member

daddy daddy

8. Redneck Shinobi

Redneck Shinobi Well Jules, the funny thing about my back is that

I hope it went well.. I haven't read down the page, but the world needs more people like you in it. My mother raised me till I was about 10 then my stepfather came into my life (my father killed himself when I was 5). I consider him to be my father. I respect and love the hell outta him. The world needs more men who will put past their own ego to step into shakey ground.

9. VashTheStampede

Things went very well. We all watched TV while I let him play with some Hot Wheels I have for my nephews to play with when they come by. He is very protective of his mother, but Sunday night she sat him down and told him about herself and my relationship, which I think that helped out alot with him. Because the last guy that tried hitting on her (which was the brother of her sister's boyfriend) didn't go over well with him at all. He kept getting between them everytime the guy tried to get close to her. Yet when her and I got close he didn't mind at all.

The only bad thing that happened was he was accidently bit while feeding apples to one of the ponies (sp?) that are out back of my place. But after a while he calmed down. He actually didn't want to leave when it was time for me to head off to work. I'm very relieved that her son doesn't mind her and I dating.

10. VashTheStampede

She's an extremely protective mother, and we both knew that if her son didn't like me, then that would have been the end of our relationship. And as of right now, he knows that we like each other, but he is her main priority and always will be. In fact, we had made plans for me to come over to her place today and I asked him if it was alright with if I came over, which he said was fine with him. I'm actually the first guy she's dated in the 2 years since she was divorced that has gotten to meet him. Things have been going very well between her and I, and it was her idea and decision to let him meet me.

11. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

that's nice that it went well...I hope you are ok with the idea that she is thinking of you as new daddy material though...

12. VashTheStampede

It's just one of those situations where just have to see where things take you. We both agreed that we were looking for a serious relationship before we started dating, but we weren't going to get stupid and rush things. Will we end up moving in together or getting married? Hell I have no idea and neither does she. We're just going to give things time and see how they work out. The kid's father still see's him on occasion, so I know he won't think that because I'm dating his mom I'll be his dad. If things do get more serious between her and I, then that's great, because she's a wonderful woman. But she also knows that I'm not one to deal with any bullshit drama, and I'm not looking to replace her son's father just because I met the kid.