MMA Going to Couture's new gym

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by ilduce, Jun 12, 2007.

1. ilduce

ilduce New Member

Last week he opened up a new MMA gym in Wellington, Fl and I am running some lacrosse camps down here at the same time so this works out perfectly for me to go to his camp. I know the boxing instructor a bit and a friend of mine is trained by the boxing instructor so I am stoke to be going and visiting his new gym this week. He has been around this past week so I am :x: that I am going to have a chance to meet him.

2. damiand

damiand Proceed

Get motherfcuking pics niggz!

3. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

4. xrukus07x

xrukus07x Active Member

how far is wellington from orlando?

5. Placebo

Placebo New Member

That's sick

6. TigreTek

TigreTek omega member OT Supporter

145 miles south southeast of orlando.

have fun.

7. ilduce

ilduce New Member

I am not sure if he is still here getting stuff set up or not but I will try to get some picts of the setup and all of that good stuff.

8. SCirone

SCirone Moderator

I went to Wellington Elementry School :bowdown:

9. ilduce

ilduce New Member

I just checked out a link and said that couture and Wandy would be there for a bit so I am desperately hoping they are still there. They are running some special to get publicity out I suspect and you can get a chance to train with one of the two of them.

10. SCirone

SCirone Moderator

A few people I have talked to lately have been telling me that Wandy has been training in the cage there.

11. ilduce

ilduce New Member

I come down to the area every summer since I started college to run lacrosse camps and it so happens that my friends wife is a boxer and I think was number 2 in her weight class last year for amateurs as per golden glove. One of her trainers and good friends is the boxing instructor at the new gym and I also know him a bit so I am super stoked. I was told last night that it should be some time this week. Heck I am going to be happy just going to check out his brand new gym and the chance to meet wandy is awesome. I am hoping the boxing guy has some pull there so I will be able to.

12. SCirone

SCirone Moderator

If he is in the gym, you should be able to jsut walk up to him. Wandy loves his fans

13. ilduce

ilduce New Member

Awesome I will take that into account. I wish my gf was with since she is from Brazil because she could translate instead of using his busted english,lol. Scirone do you plan on visiting at all? I will def get some pictars.

14. SCirone

SCirone Moderator

I havnt been down in that area in a long time. I wish I could

15. ilduce

ilduce New Member

So it looks like I will be going Friday and possibly Saturday to the gym. The cool thing about it is that I will be taking some classes for free and there is a high possibility that I will end up doing a class that is run by Wandy. I am so stoked about this, meeting Wandy, possibly Couture, and getting a bunch of free classes FTW. In this case it definitely helps to know some people.

16. lmmaculate

lmmaculate New Member

Nice. Give 'em hell!

17. ilduce

ilduce New Member

So I had my first jiu jitsu class at Coutures gym and it was fun. I apparently had just missed Wandy and they told me he is more than likely going to relocate there. I had wrestled a bit before which helped but as per a usual wrestler after a take down I only knew very little. I rolled with Igor Amata (sp?) he was a brown belt from Carlos Gracie and the instructor. I managed to get him down only to be tapped, a few times. I know a little from sambo but not much. He got me with one submission I had never seen or consequently felt before but overall it was good. The big down side is that I have a broken rib which made for a tough night. I took a few picts and will try to get them up soon but I have a quick question. There was some little kids running around in the cage and a buddy of mine and I hopped in and got our pict taken inside the cage but Igor came in and asked us to get out eventhough the little kids were running in the cage. He seemed really irritated eventhough we were in there for about a minute. Am I missing something here?

18. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

everyone i know that has met him has said that he is just the nicest guiy they have ever met and that he was genuinly happy to meet his fans.