GUN going to buy a surplus handgun, which would you pick

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Dobis P.R., Oct 10, 2006.

1. Dobis P.R.

Dobis P.R. Guest

2. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

a double stack mak :eek3:

CZ82 :run:

3. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

PA-63 > P64

P64's double action pull is fucking brutal

4. crazybenf

crazybenf Active Member

Wow, the makarov's are only $139? Jeez.

5. Dobis P.R.

Dobis P.R. Guest

these aren't technically makarov's. . . they just call them mak's because they shoot 9x18

6. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

First kick the people at SOG in the balls for me. Do you already have a cz-52? Thats what I'd get first I think.

7. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

That is the one I got. Ammunition is crazy big. its 7.62x25

Plus I found out this from my uncle when he came to town a couple months ago. He was in nam as a green beret and knows more than I will ever hope to about guns. He told me that the cz-52 has a roller locking design much similar to the HK g3

8. Dobis P.R.

Dobis P.R. Guest

why should they be kicked in the balls?

I don't have a cz-52.

9. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Several people have gotten crap from them http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=418593

My own personal experience with ordering some ammo from them is detailed in continuing posts here http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=104;action=display;num=1133405646

I say go for a cz52 then, aimsurplus has them and they don't suck. The cz52 fires a relatively unique cartridge, while something like the clones are just copies of a neat gun firing a retarded 9mm. The cz52 seems to come in go in terms of supply, to me its just neater and will be the first to disappear from availability.

10. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

11. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

I'd definately say get the cz52... much more unique and powerful weapon. I"m assuming you have a C&R... if you don't go ahead and get it that way you don't have to worry about transfer fees.

12. Gimik

Gimik New Member

ROCK ISLAND .45 1911-A1 PISTOLS. WE HAVE HAD THESE AS A LINE ITEM AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE WITH NO PICTURE FOR SOME TIME. SEVERAL CUSTOMERS HAVE COMMENTED WHAT A GREAT DEAL IT IS AND WHY DON'T WE GIVE IT MORE AD SPACE. SO HERE IT IS. THESE ARE MADE IN THE PHILLIPINES BY ARMSCOR. IN MY OPINION, FOR THE MONEY, THEY ARE THE BEST VALUE OF ANY 1911 STYLE .45 PISTOL IN THE COUNTRY. THEY HAVE A BEAUTIFUL DARK PARKERIZED FINISH, AND REALLY NICE HARDWOOD GRIPS. BRAND NEW PRODUCTION, EACH PISTOL COMES WITH 1 8 RD. MAG , OWNERS MANUAL, AND FACTORY FIRED TEST CASINGS. SHIPS IN A REALLY STURDY HARDSHELL CASE. THESE ARE NOT C & R ELIGIBLE. I'M TOLD THAT ALL CRITICAL PARTS INTERCHANGE WITH COLT OR SPRINGFIELD. IF YOUR LOOKING FOR A NICE .45 THAT WON'T BREAK YOUR BANK, WHY NOT TRY ONE OF THESE. ....ONLY......$319.95

That seems like a really good deal...

13. Fire Sauce

Fire Sauce New Member

Nazi P-38 :wackit: :o

14. 2L Bunny

2L Bunny "It's only a Rabbit"

Of those choices i'd go for the CZ-82.

BTW, I love my RIA 1911, since it was mentioned above.

15. Dobis P.R.

Dobis P.R. Guest

out of stock there but aimsurplus has them

edit: maybe they aren't out of stock, I'm finding confliction information on their shitty website

16. Dobis P.R.

Dobis P.R. Guest

what is the fee to get a C&R and how long are they good for?

could I use the C&R to get a cz-52 from aimsurplus?

17. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

the fee for a C&R is 30 bucks for 3 years which pretyt much covers your first transfer fee. Yes you are then an 03 type FFL holder and can buy anything on the C&R list and have it shipped to your door.

The CZ52 is on that list

18. Gimik

Gimik New Member

how do I get the forms (and which ones do I need) to be C&R?

19. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

just call up your local atf field office and request the forms. They're usually pretty speedy about it. Then fill out the forms in duplicate, one to the local CLEO and one to the atf center. $30 bucks and about a month later you get a form in the mail, which you make copies of and sign the copy each time you use it... pretty easy... there's been many threads about this.

20. Dobis P.R.

Dobis P.R. Guest

how does 7.62 x 25 compare to 9x18 in defensive situations? This weapon will sometimes be carried for this purpose. And would be used to protect myself in the event of a home intrusion.

21. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

7.62x25 is more powerful, however is known to be over-penatrative...
    the 9x18 is slightly more powerful than a .380acp.

I personally have the CZ52 as a "console" gun, and it stays in my jeep all the time. I figure if i'm going to have a potential altercation, i may have to penetrate glass.

It depends on where you live, and what works for you. If you roll your own and can load the 7.62x25 with hollow points, hands down it's a winner. However most ammo available is only fmj. do some more searching before you make your decision, but at the prices for both, you can buy both and see what you like.

There's also capacity issues with both. 8rnds in the cz52 wheras you can get 12+ in a double stack mak

22. terrist

terrist Cowboy President > All other World Leaders

another vote for the CZ-52

23. Dobis P.R.

Dobis P.R. Guest

[​IMG]

http://www.ammunitionstore.com/ has these wolf 7.62x25 hollowpoints but I don't know if they are worth a damn

I won't be reloading, I'll stick to commercial and surplus ammunition

24. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

I like the CZ-52 but mine has become more of a fun range gun. The FMJs tend to overpenetrate. I don't think that the hollow points work too well, either. It's a very small, light bullet that travels very fast. Hollow point PC ammo tends to break apart rather than expanding like it's supposed to at high speeds. Also, Wolf is the only company that makes hollow points for it and I don't know how well their hollow points perform in any caliber. I think I'd rather have some soft point ammo for this gun over anything else if I were going to use it for defense. You'd have to reload your own, though. If you have a C&R FFL the price can't be beat so it's worth buying one. As Soy said, it'll probably be the first cheapo surplus handgun to dry up as well.

25. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

I really wouldn't want either one for defense honestly and would suggest a cheap 9mm if thats what you need. You do get a pistol that does neat things like this though http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot29.htm