GUN going to be a great weekend

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Vermincelli, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

Have to go out this weekend to add pistols to my CCW, so just to piss off my buddy (who is the instructor) I am taking along 12 pistols to add. In Nevada you have to qualify with each weapon and an instructor can't qualifiy himself.

Adding my P3AT, XD SC, XD tactical and SA 1911
    Then borrowing friend's Taurus .357 and DE .44
    Boss is loaning me his USP .45 SOCOM and his P7M8
    Neighbor is loaning me his Glock 23 and 17
    other friend loaning his Kimber 1911 and his PPK

Since it costs 25 bucks for each session going to lump them all on at once. Going to be a long day at the range. :bigthumb:

2. Fook Yoo

Fook Yoo OT Supporter

damn you basically cover all the basic ammo exept .22lr and 10mm.have fun dude shit you'll probally need a duffel bag to carry all the ammos.

3. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

Going to make the Wal Mart peeps freak out when I swing by Thursday to pick up the ammo. :) Nothing puts a smile on my face like a frightened Wal Mart employee. Probably end up having some duffus follow me around the store and out to my car again.

4. Fook Yoo

Fook Yoo OT Supporter

:rofl:

5. A96HondaAccordCoupeEX

A96HondaAccordCoupeEX Silver Member

when they ask you why so much. Just saying "hunting" and give them the evil eye :o

6. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

I like to just mumble over and over under my breath...

"How dare they fire me.."

7. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

Nevada changed from the 2 gun limit to unlimited a few years ago. Just have to qualify at the range with each one.

8. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

:rofl: just got back from the sheriff's office. The poor lady behind the counter gave me the inquisitive look as I handed her the list of weapons to add to my CCW. 12 from this weekend and 10 from last October. She said I was only the 2nd one that she knew of that instead of having the guns listed on the card, I have the line "numerous weapons on file" typed across the bottom. :bigthumb:

the other guy is the one I mentioned with 82 firearms listed. Only 57 more to go.

9. ryanbum

ryanbum Its the one that says Bad Mother Fucker on it

that sucks that you have to qual with each gun and put it on your card. TX doesn't have any limitations only that you qualify at CHL application time with a gun that is greater than .32 cal. Also I can carry as many guns as i want at one time. Don't know why I would but I can.

10. 04

04 Guest

82 firearms listed :eek:

That must have taken awhile :o

11. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

yea, Nevada is a bit behind the times, but I actually wish they did that in all states Instead of letting someone with a dinky .380 be qualified to then carry a D.E.44
    Also some states don't even require range testing. I don't agree with firearms bans or restrictions, but I am all for people testing and qualifying for a weapon.

12. eWRXshun

eWRXshun hai

is there a national CCP website that has each state's individual carry laws on them? i'm interested in finding out what louisiana's laws are on this subject.

13. ryanbum

ryanbum Its the one that says Bad Mother Fucker on it

www.packing.org

the one and only....

14. DRM600

DRM600 Guest

the best source is packing.org

eta: :doh: late

15. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

problem with packing is it too is a bit behind with their info, although they are better than anyone else. Your only SURE source is to call the state office and get it directly from the horse's mouth.

Example that happened to me. I checked Packing to see if Arizona recognized Nevada's CCW and they didn't say, so I called the sheriff's dept. for Maricopia Co. to check (2nd mistake) and they said no. I still wanted to make 100% sure so I called the Dept. of Public Safety/Concealed Weapons Dept. (the actual dept. that issues Arizona's CCWs) and they told me that in fact they did recognize NV CCW as long as I was visiting and not moving there and they would also call Maricopia Co. and have a word with the sheriff :)

16. DRM600

DRM600 Guest

sorry off topic,

vermincelli: where is a place where i can shoot in the desert near carson city or reno? any blm land nearby? i'd like to go shoot out there when i go to the fun shows in reno.

17. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

pennsylvania.. i give them $30, they give me a card that says I can carry a gun, and I can carry any damn handgun I want, hell, I can carry 8 of them at one time if I wanted to.. no training, no course, no quals, nothing!

18. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

Not sure about Reno, but here in Carson the range is just out of town off of east 50. Open range, no fees.

There is a range up north off of Pyramid highway to the NE of Reno, but not sure if it's open range or have to pay to shoot.