SRS Going out tonight need help.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by jmiller250, Sep 7, 2008.

1. jmiller250

jmiller250 The One and Only/ I be a cagefighta

I just moved to Meridian Idaho a burb of Boise from what I am told. Its my first saturday in town and I am wondering the best way to meet new people. I'm 21 and have gotten fairly familiar with the area. I dont have a job yet so asking co-workers is out of the question. I dont know if there are people on the forum who are from the area and could just suggest something. I'm not the most social person at a bar unless I am with some people. I dont want to seem like a freak walking up to people all by myself and striking up a convo.

TL;DR- New in town need ideas how to meet people.

2. Docter Pepper

Docter Pepper OT Supporter

When this happened to me over the summer I went to a bar for dinner. Sat at the bar. Talked to the bartender a bit. Talked to the people around me for a big. Ended up getting some numbers I never called again, but it worked. Unfortunately, since I spent so much time sitting at the bar talking to people, I ended up with quite the bar tab and drunk as shit :mamoru: but I was able to have a good time when I started a night not knowing anyone. Good luck :wavey:

3. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Be a freak ,walk up to people all by yourself and strike up a convo. The problem is that you are holding yourself back and become socially isolated as a result of that. STOP HOLDING YOURSELF BACK! Nobody likes normal people so its ok to be a freak to some extend. Its normal to get wild and allowing yourself to enjoy yourself. Not to the point that you damage yourself, but to the point were you're having a great time,along with giving others around you a great time too.

So its all about letting go and your approuch towards people, next is location. Be there were the people are. Either at concerts, bars, clubs, any place were there is a gathering of many people, be there.

4. jmiller250

jmiller250 The One and Only/ I be a cagefighta

Thanks for the advice. I went out last night and did some bar hopping and met some ladies on the street and scored some numbers. I think I am going to try it again.