TAT Going in to have my tattoo 'fixed'

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Cerridwen, Sep 30, 2005.

1. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

I had it done over a year ago, and it is uneven :o It's on my back so I can't really 'see' it, but I've seen pictures of it (does that sound stupid!! :rofl:)
    So I was planning on going back to the tattoo place mid October and see what they can do to fix it. I guess I haven't went back in because I'm not really sure what to do/say. I can't just go in there and say 'Hey, you gave me this tattoo a year ago and it really stinks. fix it please?'
    Also, am I suppose to tip them after they do this?
    Thanks.

2. low20

low20 Member

well u know, before they inked it, they shoulda let you look at the stencil and "ok" it so technically its not their fault. wheni had my back done i had a friend come with to confirm placement, center and straightness...i would still tip them since they are doing more work

3. IreLynx

IreLynx New Member

A friend or third opinion for confirming the location & angle is always good, especially if you can't see it well in a mirror. However, if it's so bad that it's fairly noticable in a photo, then the tattooist (?) should have noticed. I would go to a few different places to see what they could do for you. I wouldn't go back to the same guy who got it crooked (if it was something noticably wrong) just because I wouldn't quite trust that artist to get it right, but that's just my opinion. I would get the opinion of other artists first. Some spots are just difficult to get just right if you're not holding a good posture for your body or that appendage, and then some spots are easier to get the right placement...in which case I'd be a little leery of the artist if it's as bad as it sounds.

4. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

It's not my fault the stencil rubbed off though. There's no way possible that this particular instance is my fault. The stencil WAS okayed, but it rubbed off and she 'freehanded' it anyways without telling me. Hell- they never even said anything about it being 'off',my husband was the one who told me. Yes I had to 'okay' it, but it's a little hard to do that with it placed where it is.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2005
  5. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Alright here is the picture. [​IMG]

You can see that the two sides aren't even. I brought in a book with this picture in it, perfectly symmetrical. The stencil was perfectlly symmetrical. This obviously isn't.

6. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Btw- that's nice and all that you had a friend come, but I couldn't. I didn't have anyone to come with me.

7. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

nobody has any tips for me?

8. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

my professional opinion would be to get a laser session on it, lighten it up and just cover it with something else. once celtic is unsymmetrical its very hard to fix it.

9. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

:wtc: that's not exactly what I wanted to hear :wtc:

10. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

well you could add more on to the sides, that may take away from the unsymmetrical areas

11. BrokenHalo

BrokenHalo New Member

The two tattoos on my shoulders aren't even with each other either.
    They weren't done at the same time, and when you look over your shoulder to check for alignment, its kind of hard to keep your back straight. Didn't notice it until later... I think the guys head is crooked who did it because my one nipple piercing is crooked too.

My opinion, go to the people who did it and tell them that you want it fixed. See what they say. If they want you to pay for it and you don't think thats fair, then go somewhere else. Its my opinion that if they fuck it up, they should fix it for free... after all , you're trusting them to put something permanent on your body... they should fucking be good and careful about it.

12. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Well, I just got back fromthere and I can't say that I'm all too pleased.He didn't seem overly concerned besides to say that it really didn't look like (the person who did it's) their work. He said they could add some shading to it, but can't really do much about it without changing the shape of it or really adding on.
    I think I might go to another shop, I don't know if I feel comfortable going back there.

13. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

damn. since I can't edit, I guess I'll just add on. He also made a comment about how she must have been having a bad day.
    Umm, I'm sorry but you shouldn't be working this type of job when you're having a bad day. It's not like you can use some whiteout and redo it!

14. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

go to another shop. see what they can do

15. xela

xela So say we all!

:werd: I wouldn't even bother going back to that dump that does work like that.

16. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

:o

17. IreLynx

IreLynx New Member

Off-topic (oh well lol): Mine were perfectly level/straight when I got them done. It has been a little over two weeks and the one has turned slightly so that it's at a slight angle; I assume it's just the bar moving/turning to a more comfortable position.

On-topic: I don't really see too much wrong with the tattoo. Maybe it's just because the picture isn't distanced enough. It's easier to see how bad/lopsided it is when there's something to compare it to, such as shoulders or hips, even though those body parts can be somewhat lopsided from poor posture.