MIL going bavk to the marines office tomorrow

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by wufei, Jan 28, 2008.

1. wufei

wufei New Member

right, so some of you may remember that i was the journalism major guy in community college that wanted to sign up for the marines but had eczema and some legal issues. i was told to wait for a call back about what could be done about the whole medical situation. they never called back and i heard from a marine friend who was back on leave that visited that office saying i may have been de'qued because of the eczema. well, update:

i'm off my anti depressants now and am excerising a lot more, never felt better about my life. i talked to the girl of about 4/5 months that i seriously wanted to be in the military, she wouldnt have it, we had a mutual break up.

currently still on probation for being a "shoplifting accomplice" :rolleyes: but i talked to my lawyer and he said that he could most likely either turn the misdemeanor i got into an infraction, or wipe it entirely and cancel the probation early because i didnt have a lawyer at the time and the judge kept on yelling at me to either "admit it" or that i would face maximum penalties while fully knowing i had no legal counsel availible at the time.

there is one restraining order out on me from an ex gf of 2 years ago during my under 18 years but my juvenile record is sealed.

my gpa is a flat 2.9

and my personal views about what i want to do in the military has changed. i dont particularly care if i dont get a writing job anymore. i'll operate a machine gun turret, fly a helicopter, whatever it is they will train me in. i know that i will most likely be sent to iraq once and if i get out of boot camp and will go for a year at a time without booze or girls. thats all fine i'll sign up for that shit.

i'm going back to the recruitment office tomorrow to tell them i'm still interested, even more so than before. what are my chances OT barracks? :noes:

if i dont get in, the army sent me a couple e-mails and the recruiter told me he'd take a look at the eczema and that he's been able to get people in who have had it before. so yeah.

oorah?

edit: btw, applying for platoon leaders class or ROTC (my school doesnt offer it but i heard there are some off campus alternatives). practice asvab score was an 83 or 86, cant remember.

2. s1cko

s1cko Active Member

Hold on u might not be able to get in bc of eczema? i have this bs of a disease called keretosis pilauris or something like that but it has no effect on me whatsoever its just that i have bumps on my skin and its not contagious.... u think the marines would care about that?

3. wufei

wufei New Member

they told me so :wtc: it is a pretty serious disqualifier apparently. mine is chronic dry skin, itchiness, so i can get infections or open wounds easily. eczema isnt contagious either.

you'd probably have to ask your recruiter, i know they have a list of medical disqualifiers somewhere.