SRS going bald at 15

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by nish81, Apr 6, 2007.

1. nish81

nish81 OT Supporter

:hs: I'm 15 years old and i can see myself goin bald pretty quickly. every time i take a shower, a bunch of hair comes out. must be genetic or something, 'cause my dad was bald. :hs:

i've tried getting more vitamins, vitamin supplements, different shampoos, doesn't work. oh well. is it socially acceptable to be bald at 16? and what would be the best way to handle it? my appearance is pretty good with medium-length hair, and i'm gonna look ugly as hell with no hair :hs: :wtc:

2. luxy

luxy OT Supporter

buzz it :dunno:

3. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Testosteron is the cause of balding, getting yourself castrated will bring back your hair 100% :hsd:

But you being so young that's most likely unreasonable to ask or do. There are some substances that destroy testosteron,eating 100 grams ordinairy liqourice every day will destroy the hormone temporarily in your body, downside of that is that you lose strenght and become fat.

Wearing a wig is a third option, living with it is a fourth.

There aren't many nice options, pick your choice :hsd:

4. nish81

nish81 OT Supporter

this is what i was considering up until now, but the thing is I'll look really ugly without any hair. i mean, hair like a part of me. :dunno: but yeah, probably what it'll come down to

castrated is out, and wearing a wig is out - wigs ftl.

well, I'm curious about this testosteron thing. never heard of it being the cause of baldness. this means that i have an unusually high level of testosteron? what are the advantages to having a high level of testosteron?
    if i started having 100g of liquorice per day, would the testosteron come back if i stopped the liquorice? and isn't testosteron related to sexuality or something - wouldn't I lose sex drive or stop puberty, (or something like that) if i temporarily destroyed testosteron? :hs:

edit: does this mean that as my levels of testosteron die down after puberty, I'll stop going bald or grow back hair?

5. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Not exactly.

Don't do anything to lower your testosterone.

6. fluentinsilence

fluentinsilence New Member

If you are sure you are going bald, then buzz it off and rock it. Better you get comfortable and used to it now than desperately trying to cling onto it for the remainder of your years.

7. SpaMan

SpaMan Mind over matter.

Does stress cause hair loss?

8. bigman7903

bigman7903 OT Supporter

i know several people, including myself, that started going bald at an early age. You just need to get used to it, i havent had any problems with it other than some ribbing from friends here and there. its a genetics thing, people might give you some shit, but there isnt a whole lot you can do. maybe a switch in shampoo? buy some hair thickening soap, maybe that'll help

9. Gregsaidthat

Gregsaidthat "Individuality is the new conformity"

Not to steal the thred or anything but I know someone who had a major bald spot like an older man would have and he just shaves it and tans in the winter so it doesnt look like hes balding! Works for him, might for you.

10. nish81

nish81 OT Supporter

mines not really a bald spot. first i thought it was but its more like overall thinning with a few extreme areas, but thanks for the tip :)

doesn't exactly help with the chicks though, especially if i look fugly with it. and especially in highschool. but w/e, if im gonna shave my hair, im thinking ill do something extreme with it..maybe shave it so that there is a message written on my head

11. nish81

nish81 OT Supporter

AFAIK yes. ive reduced the stress in my lifestyle by a lot though.

12. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

U sure you look bad with a buzzed head? You could go Stone Cold Steve Austin style.

13. Drifter87

Drifter87 Yippi-kay-ay, Motherfucker

Are you sure you look bad bald? I had a college buddy who was nearly bald, he had a few patches of hair. He finally shaved his head and he looks good.

People are telling my my hair line is receeding, so I'm thinking of just always sticking to short hair or going bald.

14. KatWoman

KatWoman •••••••••••

My husband was 19 when we started dating and he warned me in the beginning his lovely curly locks would eventually be gone (he had some pretty nice curls back in the day). Sure enough at 22 or so his hairline was to the point where he had to buzz it all off. He's got a nice round dome so it looks pretty :naughty:

And yeah you're in high school, the wonderful age where what everyone else thinks matters. You just gotta develop the attitude to not care what others think. When you worry about what others think, everyone will notice every little fault. If you can carry yourself in a matter that says "I don't give 2 shits what you think" then people tend to notice WHO you are, not what imperfections you may have. Easier said than done, I know, but it's all a part of this thing called life :)

15. Lateralus

Lateralus New Member

I've had a noticeable receding hair line since high school, the best thing to do is to keep your hair cut short and close to the scalp, if you use hair gel make sure and go easy on the amount, because it will just make your thinning spots more noticeable. As others have said shaving your head is always an option, I've still got a decent amount of hair to work with now, but if I start to really thin out in the future I'll be shaving it off.

16. nish81

nish81 OT Supporter

im indian, :hs:

maybe pics of my head will help :mamoru:

[​IMG]

don't comment on the pic, i just took it now with a crappy camera, sucky lighting. yes i know i need to shave, yes i know my glasses are bent. i can do better for a pic, but i hope you can see the hair :o i wouldn't really look great without that.

i see what you're saying..if I read you right, being bald in high school should therefore indirectly make me more mature with my attittude which will help me in later life? thanks :)
    anyways, i don't mind being a bachelor for the rest of high school :o had enough the last two years.
    early baldness ftw :bigthumb: :mamoru:

meh, i'll take a short cut next friday or something. probably wont help, but hey, who cares :x:

17. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Aww, well I have 2 friends who are bald already at 22 and no one cares. They're both awesome guys and the little hair that does grow in they just shave :dunno:

18. LudaMan

LudaMan Active Member

I've had a receded hairline ever since I could remember, i just kept it long to cover it back in junior high, and in high school i cut it a little shorter, now in college i pretty much keep it down to a 2 on the clippers. I didn't like it at first, but I got used to it. I get comments know that it makes me look more mature and manly. Maybe give it a try for a while and see what it does.

But once you are out of high school and into college, people stop caring about your hair and as long as you dont stink you will fit in. :hs:

19. KatWoman

KatWoman •••••••••••

Being bald could make you look more mature, but your attitude and confidence level (if both are good) is what will make you BE mature.

Try growing out the facial hair...so can look like this --> :kdubb:

20. Lateralus

Lateralus New Member

You should take a better picture, it looks like you have a full head of hair to me :dunno:

21. Swedish Boost

Swedish Boost New Member

I've always had a bad hairline. One day I got tired of trying to cover it up so I shaved it all. Been without hair for 18+ months.

22. nish81

nish81 OT Supporter

probably does, but try to imagine me without hair. right now its very thin on the right side, right on top of my head, and the temples. if i rub my hand around a bunch falls out :mamoru: lol

okay, so maybe i took the wrong picture. I've been to a doctor's here and he said it was genetic, but try eating more vitamins and leading a stress-free lifestyle.

Anyways, thanks everyone :) I guess it ain't that be to be bald after all! :wiggle: I've always wanted to do something drastic with my hair. maybe i'll trim it really short and dye it light blue :mamoru:

thanks! :bigthumb:

23. tryfuhl

tryfuhl New Member

DHT, not test

24. tryfuhl

tryfuhl New Member

you should join broly crew.. bigger guys look better bald than skinny guys generally

25. TheManLouisianaFace

TheManLouisianaFace and decide!

It could be alopecia since you are so young. Go see a dermatologist. If it is, a simple shampoo will bring it back.