Going back to WoW...

Discussion in 'Gamers' Pulse' started by Robo, Jul 25, 2009.

1. Robo

Robo New Member

So I'm about to start my trial of WotLK...I haven't played WoW since May of 08.

Shit seems kind of intimidating...like theres a WHOOOOOOOOOOLE lot I need to catch up on. I never even got that into BC.

Still patching and shit now. Been installing since like 7:30

2. Robo

Robo New Member

FUCK.

Another patch. 740MB...

I MIGHT even get to play this shit tonight.

3. TeKKy

TeKKy Wut OT Supporter

4. assclown

assclown Active Member

Don't be intimidated, it's EZ mode now. Actually, in the next patch we get mounts at level 20. Soon you'll be able to switch from alliance to horde and vice versa. I hadn't played in a few months but just reactivated and started a new character. WoW FTW :o

5. Los

Los Active Member

This.

Too bad my 285 GTX hates wow. :o

6. Phasm

Phasm OT Supporter

srsly?

7. bowrofl

bowrofl New Member

:bowrofl: This makes me pissed about playing pre-BC :o Mounts are lvl 40 sucked balls, especially when leveling a priest (or any class w/o a summonable mount, or druid)
    MMOs are too time consuming... you can play them for an hour or two a day but you'll never get anything done. Plus there are tons of non-MMO games out there & that will be coming out come Autumn.

Although I've had urges to play WoW again, I have resisted... they usually turn into regret for renewing my sub once I actually give into these urges, because I log in and everything seems the exact same... not sure what I expect to change though. Maybe EZ mode stuff like the above

8. Senn

Senn shits delicious bro

where do i go to lvl from 70 to 80? :o

9. RenesisRotary

RenesisRotary New Member

Either start point in Northrend...

I like Howling Fjord/Grizzly Plains....

Dont forget your BGs and Instances though.

10. Senn

Senn shits delicious bro

is it pretty easy to find PUGs for instances?

11. Senn

Senn shits delicious bro

im on korgath

12. tomohr

tomohr look again! OT Supporter

I'm really tempted to start my account back up, but every time I just get so annoyed by how lame of a game it is... it definitely did good things for the genre, but I'm ready for something to go to the next level

13. CodeX

CodeX Guest

If I didn't do end game raiding I would have quit a long time ago... and now that I am done with all available content the only thing that keeps me playing is knowledge of new raids being released.

My lock is about as geared as I can get, 4th best on server, I don't give a shit about achievements but still have like 5k... the only thing I log on for right now is running heroic ulduar and that is only to help people in my guild because I don't need shit from it.

If they ever stop adding content I will quit the day they announce it. Until then I do enjoy learning new boss fights and stuff, anything outside of Ulduar right now is worthless and boring.

14. bowrofl

bowrofl New Member

That's my problem with MMOs... they never DO stop adding content unless the publisher cancels the MMO, and I highly doubt WoW will ever be canceled by ActiBlizzard. But there is NEVER an end. Plus paying monthly subscription fees causes a sense of buyer's remorse when I try to play another game and realize that I'm paying a sub for WoW.

Am I the only one who feels like this? :rofl:

15. Boing

Boing OT Supporter

eh... $15/mo is nothing, really. I get bored sometimes and have quit. But when new stuff comes out I usually come back. New patch soon with new raids. So I'm sticking around.

16. JasonKnight

JasonKnight OT Supporter

just wait when 3.2 comes it is already another 350mb.

17. Isamu

Isamu New Member

3.2 is gonna be sick

18. hip hippo

hip hippo Eric Berry, son.

Is it true that PVP leveling is being implemented? I might come back for that.

19. CodeX

CodeX Guest

Yes, you can opt out of it if you twink, but then you ONLY do BG's with other people who similarly opted out of it, essentially killing twinking :rofl:

20. Robo

Robo New Member

So I got to play it for all of like 3 hours Friday night. Pretty awesome though actually. I just need to find some groups and eventually a new guild.

I'm actually still in my old guild but I wasn't the only person that stopped playing like a year ago...when I left most of my guild left :hs:

They were going through some problems at the time with the leadership and I was a higher ranking officer. We were running a few different things on a decent schedule but eventually switched over to PVP focused and that lost a LOT of people's interest. We joined up with other guilds for that.

I started a DK, intersting class...seems like too much random ass button mashing for my taste though. I need to respec my mains, a 70 Sham and 70 Rogue. Haven't seen many rogues around at ALL actually...which is kind of odd. Seen Shammys out the ass though.

Bout to play more now...just looking at restarting my DK as an Orc instead of Bloodelf. I like the way bloodelves look fighting but I hate the voice and how tiny and skinny they are. I want a badass beefy looking night.

Plus I like the Orc's racials better than the BE's. Most of my characters are Orcs. :o

21. assclown

assclown Active Member

zOMG seroiusly? Any info on XP/kill or how it's going to work?

22. Robo

Robo New Member

What server does OT play on? Just bi-curious :o

23. CodeX

CodeX Guest

http://www.google.com/search?q=wow+...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

• [*]Battlegrounds
      • Battleground experience has arrived!
        • Players will now be awarded experience for completing objectives and actions that yield honor in Battlegrounds (honorable kills not included).
        • Players who do not wish to gain experience through PvP can visit Behsten in Stormwind or Slahtz in Orgrimmar - both located near the Battlemasters in either city - and turn off all experience accumulation for the cost of 10 gold.
        • Disabling experience gains will prevent a player from gaining experience through any means available in the game.
        • Players with experience gains turned off who compete in Battlegrounds will face off only against other players with experience gains turned off.
        • Behsten and Slahtz can reinstate experience gains for players, for a 10 gold fee of course. Any experience that would've been accumulated if experience gains were enabled cannot be recovered.

24. Robo

Robo New Member

I really liked the PVP experience in Warhammer. Really everything about the PVP in Warhammer was bad-ass.

25. Boing

Boing OT Supporter

I think the server with most OT members is Crushridge, horde.