MIL Going back to school, will I want to kill people?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by fintheman, Jan 7, 2006.

1. fintheman

fintheman I will ebay O/T!

I will be going back to school to finish up a few more semesters for my degree.

Am I going to want to end up killing people? I'm 25 now, and I don't have time for the college bullshit. Any other vets that get back to school? I'm going to take one or two of the ROTC courses just for the hell of it (gen elective) and meet the pukes that wanna become Air Force Officers.

-fin

2. Blacksix

Blacksix New Member

Yes. You will.

You'll find that the VAST majority of them have no fucking clue what the world is like. They have no idea what it's like to be truely on their own.
    They have a fucked up opinion of you and those of us like you.

I hated it. I hated the atmosphere. The bullshit. Professors were fun though. Especially the liberal ones.

3. Rodthrower18

Rodthrower18 New Member

Yea you will, shit I hate it(the atmosphere) as well as the people there and im still a poolee .

4. Blacksix

Blacksix New Member

Oh....and I went in 95.

Never finished but I applied that same dedication, duty, and professionalism to a civvie job and am happy as hell 10 years later. Six figure salary and management.

I "wish" I had gotten my degree. I'm not sure where I would be though if I had since everyone that works FOR me has one.

Stick with it and only put the hurt to those that fucking deserve it. Or at least fuck their girlfriends.

5. JL

JL Wander-er OT Supporter

The atmospher sucks... But there are plenty of girls :) .... at least alot more then you'll find in the military.

I got off active duty a year ago, and went straight back to college... I've met plenty of people I would love to kill, sadly I think i saw some where that people don't like it when you take darwin's theory into your own hands.

6. SweetDaddyO

SweetDaddyO we need a montage!!

try and go in with an open mind. you'll probably realize you have much more life experience than most of the other students, but that doesn't mean that you can't learn from them or that some of them aren't genuinely cool people. it's also an oportunity for you to drop some knowledge on them so they aren't as ignorant as they might seem.

we had some vets and reserve guys in our ROTC classes when i was in school - they offered some great experience and stories, were very well respected, and at the same time said that they learned a lot themselves. it can be win/win.

7. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

Most likely.

I'm going to need to do the same, and I'll be even older :wtc:

8. FSTMX5

FSTMX5 New Member

I've been in school 4 years part time and am enlisting in air force so they will pay for me to finish my bachelors and use the GI bill money for flight school

i'll be 26 :ugh: its going to suck

9. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

26? Damn, that's old. Do they even let people that old go to college? :ugh:

10. FSTMX5

FSTMX5 New Member

:rofl: i realize its not THAT old...but when you figure probably 90% of the people in college (undergrad) are 22 and younger ...it starts to get up there

at any rate i wont be in regular classes then...just aviation stuff

i hope its not too old to become a pilot :hsd:

11. kidhero

kidhero not really a hero, really just a big fat phony

there's a lot of bulls in here :hsugh:

12. Insdav3

Insdav3 Guest

there's a guy in my dorms that is at least 40+ years old. It's funny I saw him go into the cafeteria earlier.

Just watch out for all the long haired hippies.