Going back to school fatty crew sign-in

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by dano, Sep 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dano

dano OT Supporter

I know there's gotta be some lurkers in here that are planning on hitting the gym this semester. I'm one of them. :wavey:

I'm 5'8. At one point two years ago I was 150 lb., consistently flat benching 175-200, could run for 30 minutes and not feel like death. Now I'm 185, have no clue what I can bench, and get tired going up stairs. :ugh:

I started nursing school, that's what did me in. It's so retarded time consuming that I cut working out totally out of the equation. I know going into a health profession and gaining weight seems redundant lol. This semester is my last and I don't want to graduate a tank. I also need to lose this weight just for my own health. This shit ain't good.

Maybe I'll start a log or something on here. Definitely keeping an Excel document or something to keep track of my progress.

I have a friend who has always been good with his workout schedule and I plan on hitting the gym with him for weights at least once a week this semester. I will be doing cardio at least twice a week as well. If I could get down to 160 by the end of the semester I'd be happy. 25 pounds seems like so much, but I know the 35 pounds I gained wasn't because I got taller, that's all Taco Bell and beer weight. :o

2. Bruticus

Bruticus half dead OT Supporter

Fix your diet first.

3. Need to be doing more than 3 days a week too. Fixing diet is a lot easier though IMO...running is hard and you don't even burn THAT many calories...way easier to just not stuff your face with those motha fuckin cheetos or some shit.

4. dano

dano OT Supporter

I figured that went without saying. Hell, earlier this summer I tried to eat a lot of salads and other healthier stuff and ditched 10 pounds, not even working out. I know that's some weight I'll lose pretty quick.

I gotta really watch the beer intake too, but that's not a problem since school will pretty much prevent me from ever going out. :mamoru:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.