GUN Goddamn hot brass!

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Market Garden, May 30, 2009.

1. I was shooting at a Friday night rifle league match tonight with my AR, and one part of the course required you to get up real close to a wall to shoot an array of targets. Well, one of the first shots I fired the brass bounced off the wall and got stuck between my arm and the wall. I didn't want to move and give up time on the targets, so I just fired until I was done with the array and moved on. Now it really hurts and it looks like there's going to be a blister.

On the bright side, my 3rd run was the best run of the night out of the 12 or so shooters there.

2. TATEROTE

TATEROTE OT Supporter

brass dance craig? how many people did you fry with the laser beam?

3. I toughed it out like a true operator. I didn't want to lose any time on the targets.

4. ChipOnShoulder

ChipOnShoulder New Member

only 12 shooters tonight? I shoulda gone!

Was scheduled to go on a date with the redhead, but cramps knocked her out, so it was beer/friends time for me.

The worst brass burn I ever got was when I was shooting at Wade's indoor range, and a piece of brass bounced off the wall, off the table, and up my FUCKING NOSTRIL. The heat off the brass turned the little bit of mucus in my nose to glue, and slowed me down some. The scabbing made it so i couldn't pick my nose for a week.

5. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

You should have come. We got 3 runs in tonight. My last run I just figured I'd go as fast as I could, and I nailed it in 25 seconds and only dropped 1 point (for a total of 23.) The next best time of the night was that bald guy who is always real fast, he got a 27 second run with 24 points.

6. ChipOnShoulder

ChipOnShoulder New Member

The guy with the old school A4 clone and C-more sight? I like how his weapon and his gear are all accurate mid 90s stuff.

Yeah, it becomes pretty clear after only a few nights at rifle league who the regulars are. The regulars travel to 3-gun and tactical rifle matches together too.

You gotta admire their dedication, the range fees and ammo burn adds up quick, especially since the range has been stopping us from collecting the brass as of late.

7. bobotech

bobotech New Member

Went to the range tonight and my kid was shooting my Desert Eagle. A piece of brass flew up and hit him right in the center of his forehead hard. Put a perfect half moon imprint of the brass on there that was bleeding for a short while.

8. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

I got a bounced brass that got stuck behind my glasses. I took a turn to the corner of my right eye as I called the last steel plate. RO saw it was yelling for me to stop but I wanted to get the run as it was pretty smoking to that point. I still kind of have a scar there.

9. P-chan

P-chan New Member

I've been in the same spot - except this brass bounced off the wall and stuck in my krelbow bend on my right arm. I ignored it to finish the shooting, and there was a red mark there for some time and it hurt for a while but no biggie. Of course this was a .22 :o

10. mattsb2000

mattsb2000 OT Supporter

I somehow snorted the flame from a zippo up my nose once. Took forever for everything to stop smelling like burnt hair.

11. Not that guy, he did well though.

12. Valence

Valence Gustav Refugee

I believe it.

13. I've caught a .22 case under my shooting glasses once. It hurt like hell.

14. mstad

mstad New Member

I used to catch 7.62 brass down my shirt all the time when I was a 240B gunner and we were doing urban ops. That shit has a magical way of bouncing off the wall and right down the neck of your shirt.

15. The horror! Don't tell BARFcom or they won't let me post there anymore.

[​IMG]

16. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

I've seen a few women at the range with low cut shirts that end up with burned boobies.

It's funny, they always run around, grabbing the girls, yelling "get it out!!!!"

17. You should just reach right down there to help them.

18. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

I did with my ex-girlfriend. All the old bastards at the range gave me the :squint: look.

19. LancerV

LancerV Something Happened OT Supporter

:werd: Shit fucking sucks even when you have ur collar popped up and velcro shut

20. mattsb2000

mattsb2000 OT Supporter

21. bobotech

bobotech New Member

Who the fuck wears popped collars except for asshole douchebags?

They DESERVE to have all the hot brass thrown in their popped collars.

22. LancerV

LancerV Something Happened OT Supporter

You dont know what your talking about :rofl:

Like on the right they pop up and you vlecro them shut to keep the hot brass out
    [​IMG]

23. bobotech

bobotech New Member

LOL. Well that is a whole different story.

I was picturing you wearing a pink polo shirt with a popped collar, Guido hair, Guido tan shooting your Glock fotay sideways at the range while listening to Fallout Boy or something.

24. The Cable Guy

The Cable Guy New Member

:bowrofl:

25. mattsb2000

mattsb2000 OT Supporter