Goddamn holograms

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by DaneMan, Nov 29, 2005.

1. DaneMan

DaneMan Active Member

I was gassing up my '01 Dakota R/T tonight and noticed on the driver's side of the hood a small vertical line of circular haze, right around where the hood starts to curve down into the driver side fender. Pisses me off to no end. I'm not even sure how it got there. The only thing I can think of is the day when I was adding Vanilla Moose and later adding a sealant and a wax on top. I had the 7424 set to around 4.5 using Excel Detail's (Propel) #3 Green Polishing Pad. They claim it has some small bite to it, so I figured it would go well with the Vanilla Moose.

Maybe I just used too much pressure? Or maybe I accidently allowed the polisher to hit the "slope" of the hood where it starts hitting the border between the hood and the fender, which allowed too much "bite"?

I can get some pics tomarrow morning whenever the sun comes out. More importantly, how sure I go about removing the haze? Where should I re-start?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2005
  2. exceldetail

exceldetail New Member

Check your pad for debris, and start over. VM is very light as an abrasive though. You may want to step it up a notch, the Vm, then seal......Pics or else!

3. DaneMan

DaneMan Active Member

So pretty much just re-start in that area with DACP and work my way up? I'll most def get pics tomarrow morning when I have light.

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I agree with Patrick. It could have been that problem has been there a long time and you only notice it under certain lighting. It is highly unlikely that a PC, a green lite cut pad and Vanilla Moose can haze the paint in any way.

5. DaneMan

DaneMan Active Member

Yeah, that is what I thought. I just found it weird that it was in a circular pattern and that I recently had found it.