GUN god the VPC is so stupid

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, May 18, 2006.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The 2004 Violence Policy Center report Vest Buster: The .500 Smith & Wesson Magnum-The Gun Industry's Latest Challenge to Law Enforcement Body Armor, which warned of the threat posed to law enforcement officers by the .500 Smith & Wesson Magnum handgun round, has resulted in the development by a Camarillo, California, company of a new bullet-resistant vest capable of defeating the .500 Smith & Wesson Magnum round.

The vest has been certified by the National Institute of Justice (NIJ) as meeting its Level IIIA soft body armor standards. NIJ standards do not currently cover the .500 Smith & Wesson Magnum round, but the vest successfully defeated the round in tests conducted by an independent firm whose certifications are accepted by the government agency.

According to Ari L. Markow, president of Pride Business Development Holdings, Inc., "After reading an article prepared by the Violence Policy Center entitled, Vest Buster: The .500 Smith & Wesson Magnum-The Gun Industry's Latest Challenge to Law Enforcement Body Armor, I became focused on the development of a new ballistic system that would help keep law enforcement safe from this possible threat. We emerged with a product to answer this call and others for protection against many of the hot rounds law enforcement is equally concerned about."

so the S&W 500 was made to counter LEO body armor? :hsugh: I didn't realize the streets were being flooded with 500's :rolleyes:

Any WMD LEO's ever encounter a s&w 500 or fn fiveseven on the street? NYPD officers I've talked to have never seen one.

2. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

It doesnt say that the S&W 500 was made to counter body armor, they said they are using it as a challenge to see if they can stop it with a body armor

3. NEp8ntballer

NEp8ntballer New Member

well with the way they phrased it they made it sound like S&W made the gun with the intention of defeating body armor.

I doubt the common street thug could afford a 500 anyway. let alone know what it was.

4. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

If a dude can afford the ammo for it, he's probably not going to be shooting cops with it.

5. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

Well, at least they made a vest that can stop it instead of just trying to get everyoen to pass a ban on it.

6. Clusive

Clusive Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

I've never seen one on the street. Come to think of it, I haven't seen them in gun stores either.

7. Alphaeus

Alphaeus New Member

8. TwistedMind

TwistedMind New Member

I want an FN 57 but the are so ugly

9. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

I have seen ONE 500 in stores. the wierd thing is, I have seen a bunch of 460s

10. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I've seenem in gun shops I dont know anyone personally who's ever bought one though, I've thought about the FiveSeven..

11. VanCandy

VanCandy New Member

Ive seen 2 fivesevens and a shitload of 500's in stores. But why would a criminal buy a gun that expensive?

But I think its great that the armor company took it as a challenge to build a better vest. We can only hope they continue on with that attitude, instead of just complaining that is an impossible task and that everything over 32 should be banned.

12. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

I've seen a bunch of .500s in gun stores and at shows. I've just never seen anyone shoot one. I've never even known anyone that owns one now that I think about it...

13. NEWSFLASH, YOU STUPID FUCKING ANTI-GUN COCKMONGERS: CRIMINALS ARENT GOING TO USE AN S&W 500

that is all

14. Furner

Furner New Member

its all about the glock fouh-tay

15. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

You dont need an expensive gun if you want to pentrate body armor, most rifles will do and so will a $150 cz in 7.62x25

16. VanCandy

VanCandy New Member

or a yugo sks for 100. or an 80 mosin.

17. jonny427

jonny427 Scooby Doo OT Supporter

werd

18. T0nyGTSt

T0nyGTSt New Member

"After reading an article prepared by the Violence Policy Center entitled, Vest Buster: The .500 Smith & Wesson Magnum-The Gun Industry's Latest Challenge to Law Enforcement Body Armor, I became focused on the development of a new ballistic system that would help keep law enforcement safe from this possible threat. We emerged with a product to answer this call and others for protection against many of the hot rounds law enforcement is equally concerned about."

There is a call from LEOs about a 'possible threat' from the S&W .500 and 'many other hot rounds'.

I don't think they are using the 500 as a top baseline. It is a 'possible threat'.