A&P God I love African Americans!

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Jcolman, Sep 6, 2009.

1. Jcolman

Jcolman OT Supporter

Such pretty skin but I've been spending the last hour dodging the dress on all the formals. And I took a LOT of formals.

[​IMG]

But I got a $100 tip so I'm not complaining. :x:

2. Wheezer

Wheezer OT Supporter

You need HDR!

Seriously, it's tough. Seems like that's all I've been getting in the last year. You almost have to under expose the skin a little and bring it up in post so you don't lose the details in the dress.

3. Jcolman

Jcolman OT Supporter

I try to expose so that the dress is a little blown out and recover it in LR with the spot brush. It's much easier to brush the dress down a 1/2 stop or so than to brush the faces to bring them up.

I'm also loving using my studio lights on location rather than speedlights! I've got to do this more often!!

4. Wheezer

Wheezer OT Supporter

I want to try this but I feel it would just slow me down. I guess it would be ok on something other than a wedding...they're just too faced pace to worry about getting them set up and breaking them down.

5. Jcolman

Jcolman OT Supporter

Fortunately the entire event was at one location. I set up and pre-positioned my light ahead of time so that when it came time for the formals I simply moved the light into place. Then during dinner, I went back and broke it back down and packed it away.