TAT God, I feel like such an idiot now!

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by BadKat, Nov 14, 2008.

1. BadKat

BadKat GIVE ME WINE!!

Went in for my tattoo yesterday afternoon, totally pumped and ready. I made sure I ate prior to going, drank plenty of water ahead of time and showed up early to my appointment.

Talked with my artist, signed my release forms, The artist got the trace on my arm:

[​IMG]

(sorry, the pic is blurry, taken on my camera phone, forgot my digital at home :o )

Then, after the outline was done and he started on the color, despite being up, breathing, talking to those around me, I somehow managed to pass out! :uh: 15-20 minutes into it and I passed out :wtc: My artist handled it great, however, saying it happens all the time. He and my SO took me outside for some fresh air, then he gave me a lollipop to suck on to help bring my blood sugar back up :hsd: He says it happens so often, they keep lollipops for that exact reason.

But I finished! Here's the final product:
    [​IMG]

But yeah, I feel like an idiot for doing that. Not that I could really help it either. I took some pics with my digi but I have to wait until tonight to upload them.

2. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

It happens all the time! :rofl: We keep lollipops, chocolate and coca-cola here just for that reason.

Tattoo looks great.

3. BadKat

BadKat GIVE ME WINE!!

That's what he kept saying! I still feel like a douche tho :sad2:

Thank you. I'm VERY VERY pleased with how it turned out. People here at work thought it was fake, saying "it doesn't look all bloody or scabby". I'm like, it's not even been on me 24 hours, give it time to scab over! :rofl: Plus I keep putting A&D ointment on it (as instructed) to keep it from drying out, so it's always shiny looking :mamoru:

4. vitamin dew

vitamin dew New Member

I've got two and passed out during both within the first 30 minutes and was fine after that. The first time I figured it was my fault, it was my first tattoo and I got it early morning without eating breakfast. The second time, I prepared, ate and even brought a drink and some chocolate with me. Well, without fail(or with?) I managed to pass out about 30 minutes in. The pain wasn't getting to me nor did I feel like I couldn't handle it, I guess my body just wanted to.

5. Two toys

Two toys New Member

wow, that kinda makes me wonder if I'd pass out. but I guess i've had my skin cut and peeled for almost 4 hours and that didnt make me pass out. hmm.

tattoo looks good.

6. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

some people just pass out when they get tattooed. I have a friend that pukes EVERY time he gets tattooed and he has nearly a body suit.

You'd pass out cause you're a bitch.:greddy:

7. BadKat

BadKat GIVE ME WINE!!

I'm thinking that's my issue to, my body was reacting even tho my mind was fine. So I'll probably have the same artist do my next one since he'll then be prepared :mamoru:

Thank you.

8. ERabbit

ERabbit OT Supporter

came out really nice

9. BadKat

BadKat GIVE ME WINE!!

Is there a particular reason? Is it just something the body does?

10. BadKat

BadKat GIVE ME WINE!!

Thank you:wiggle:

11. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

Mostly its from nerves/anxiety but if it happens everytime you get something done it's probably a mental issue by then. Your body knows its coming and associates fainting with the procedure.

12. BadKat

BadKat GIVE ME WINE!!

Weird. Well, I'll be better prepaired next time then :bigthumb: I'll just warn whoever (or not if I go to the same guy) that it's happened before so it's not a huge shocker when it happens.

13. Two toys

Two toys New Member

not if you were holding my hand while i got it done. you bring out the best in me.

14. xela

xela So say we all!

My step sister passed out when she got her belly button pierced. :o

15. Lucien

Lucien Guest

Nice tattoo! :bigthumb:

:rofl: at people randomly passing out. The mind/body connection's a funny deal.

My c&h piece took 3.5 hours and Ed's kinda heavy handed, so towards the end i kept getting little endorphin rushes to help deal with the pain. People are afraid of the needle, but fuck man, it's the cleanser rub downs that SUCK. I had a mild hysterical/nervous laugh going during my final rubdown because it hurt so bad. :rofl:

16. Demon Of Dreams

Demon Of Dreams Feed me with lies and hate, and from that, I will

I didn't pass out for any of mine, but the first one I just closed my eyes and fell asleep about halfway through, guy had to wake me up because I was snoring to loud it was making it hard for him to concentrate :rofl:

I get pretty bored during my tattoo's, though my last artist I was lucky enough to have a reasonable conversation with

17. Rojo Johnson

Rojo Johnson Active Member

http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=7713

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasovagal_syncope

I passed out during my first tatto about 5 minutes in. I wasn't nervous or anything. I hadn't eaten before and it was really hot inside the shop, it was winter and they had the heat blasting. I've passed out a couple times while having my blood drawn too. I'm not scared of needles or anything it just happens sometimes.

My moms a nurse and she was giving me a flu shot one morning. My dad had just dumped out the hot ground coffee in the trash. I was just sitting at the table getting my shot and all the sudden I went down. I knocked over the trash and smashed my head on the floor. I had the coffee in my eyes and ear. It's weird, it just happens.

18. kze

kze will dance for food

:bowrofl: Jesus fucking Christ, that's just awesome. :rofl:

19. Satanic Goatslayer

Satanic Goatslayer New Member

Your AV = :bowdown: :bowrofl:

20. Auspicious one

Auspicious one New Member

i almost passed out on my first tattoo

21. oakback

oakback New Member

Ditto, first 5 minutes my arms got super tingly, and I started to feel light headed. Stopped, had a soda and a candy bar, and was fine for the next 3:55. It was on my back, so I didn't even see a needle or blood, but I guess it's just the body's reaction.

Only other time I've felt like that was when I had a scuba diving incident, made it to the boat safely, sat down to rest, and my arms got all tingly, vision started getting weird and I got dizzy. Eventually blew chunks like there was no tomorrow, but that was severe anxiety.

22. m3s3lf

m3s3lf *Jeep Crew*

:rofl:

23. m3s3lf

m3s3lf *Jeep Crew*

I didn't have anything to eat before mine, so maybe I got lucky (not passing out).

I did almost pass out after my nips were pierced (when I stood up), but I played it off like a champ :hsugh:

24. Sieg

Sieg ★★Major League Door Kicker★★

I have had two tattoos in my life

The first one I just walked in and had it done. Felt Woozy afterwards.

The second one, I sucked on a peppermint majority of the time, not a problem at all.

25. vitamin dew

vitamin dew New Member

is it bad for you physically/mentally? passing out naturally, that is