God Damn my Laptop is slow with Generals...help.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by nateg, May 9, 2003.

1. nateg

nateg New Member

My roomate bought me Command and Conquer: Generals for my B-day so we could play together via lan. I also bought myself a Dell Inspirion 1100 with 2.0GHZ and 512MB of Ram and an Intel Extreme Graphics Card. His PC is a 1.4GHZ with 1 Gig of ram not sure what card he has.

Both of us using Average Detail settings my Laptop is slow as hell, however, his is blazing. What the hell?!?!

Is it the game itself? Or laptops generally slower than Desktops. The game requires 256mb to run BTW.

Thanks, Nate

2. tstrandh

tstrandh New Member

It is the video card. I don't know about built-in video cards; do you have any specs? Generals does require a lot of RAM also but I have 512MB but with a Ti4600 at 1024x768 (what resolution do you have it set to?). Not much you can do unless you lower resolution. Do you have to have a laptop?

3. nateg

nateg New Member

Yes I must have a laptop. My career involves a lot of travel so it was best for me to get one. Plus I love small technology.

Anyway, I have this game set as low as it can go. Low detail and low resolution. The only thing I can think of is that the video card sucks. But, you're right, it's built in so the only way I'd be able to upgrade it is to send it back to dell for a custom upgrade which could cost some major $$$.

My resolution is 1024 x 768 at true color.

I hate to say it cause of love this game but I may have to return it.

Thanks for your help, Nate

Last edited: May 10, 2003