God damn fucking shitting FUCK!!

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by deusexaethera, Dec 8, 2008.

1. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

My transmission is slipping (low on fluid, I think), my boost-control hoses have come unhooked, and this morning my oil cooler started leaking during my drive to work. FUCK ASS SHIT COCK BALLS CUNT! :rant2:

I can't win for losing.

EDIT: I feel a little better now.

2. Vicious-S

Vicious-S New Member

you own a veedubya. how are you not used to this?

3. art_VW_shark

art_VW_shark OT Supporter

how did notice this?
    i feel so bad. my 01 runs pretty damn well

4. Mr3GTP

Mr3GTP OT Supporter

this

VW has built some bulletproof stuff in the past (my buddy's '78 Rabbit was approaching 250,000 miles when he sold it, still running strong), but they've lost that reputation.

5. deusexaethera

The metal parts are bulletproof. The rubber parts are shit. The oil seal that failed, I couldn't see, and I can't replace what I can't see.

I could definitely see the stream of oil coming out from between the cooler and the block, though.

Art, I noticed the problem because I have an oil pressure gauge tapped into the thing that the cooler attaches to. Boost leaks and oil pressure drops are the biggest problems 1.8t's have; I have gauges for both. Pic added for reference:

[​IMG]

When it was reading 20psi on the highway instead of 50-60psi, I knew there was a problem, but I decided to try to get to the office since the pressure wasn't 0. It held 20psi the whole way there, but on the highway offramp the oil pressure lamp started spazzing out and I knew I didn't have a lot of time left. Fortunately it was enough to park the car somewhere safe.

Now all I have to do is decide whether it's worth a months' worth of new car payments to fix it.

6. art_VW_shark

battery warning light :cool: or was that pic taken in diagnostic?
    gosh, I hate to say it, but if it's giving you trouble, dump it man. Sell as is for 80% of bluebook, and be done with it.
    I say, and will, drive my 01.5 into the ground, for many reasons, but one of them is that the car, as of now, looks to be relatively cheap to run. it's been a while since a non-scheduled dollar has been put into it, come to think of it. only gripe, other than the fact that the car is slow, is that it isn't the best on fuel around town.

7. deusexaethera

The engine was off when I took that pic. I do have a tiny battery, though; the OEM battery was a fat pig and I didn't feel like dealing with wedging a new one in there. My new battery looks like something out of a Power Wheels, though the amperage is the same. (It just can't run as long.)

I can't sell this car, I put too much time into it. No, more likely I'd keep it as a beater or a long-distance car and get something lighter for daily use. But anyway, it's in the shop now, because I sure as hell can't even think about selling it with no oil pressure.

8. art_VW_shark

you 1.8t guys are lucky, you use generic batteries :wtc: even though configurors list the 2.8 as using a standard battery, it doesn't; you HAVE to buy their battery. but their batteries rock:we got five years off teh original, before, in winter mind you, it was down for the count

9. deusexaethera

Oh, you have the V6. Yeah, that's why yours doesn't break every ten minutes. The 1.8t gets way too hot and there isn't enough airflow in the engine bay to keep the rubber parts from getting destroyed. Hell, your engine even has an after-run electric coolant pump and mine doesn't. What kind of sense does that make?

10. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

ive heard bad things about the 1.8 miss the VR6 :wtc: although I never got to check it out but ive read good things

11. deusexaethera

The VR6 is still around, they just upped the capacity from 3.2 to 3.6. They put it in the new B6 Passat and the Passat CC; for whatever reason, they don't think the Rabbit and Jetta are worthy anymore. I drove a 3.5 Jetta a couple of times and I hated it; the Vr6 probably would've been a lot better.

The 1.8t is a good engine, it just needs a timing chain and a bigger oil pan and silicone hoses/gaskets/seals all-around. Butyl rubber is made of the same stuff engine oil is made of, meaning it will break down over time -- the hotter the engine, the faster the breakdown. This is the first time I've ever had a serious problem with the engine itself; it's always been other stuff that's broken in the past. As much as this repair is going to cost me, I'm going to have to very seriously consider replacing the car and parting-out the aftermarket stuff the next time it takes a shit on me.

12. art_VW_shark

:bowrofl: not much!

13. deusexaethera

End of day two at the shop: no callback. If they're going to charge me substantially more than they estimated, I'm not going to collect the car.

14. jim1234664

jim1234664 New Member

lol why dont you fix it yourself?

and that is a great idea I would love to see them put a mechanics lein on it and repo it from you.

hey, look on the plus side, no one has to hear you bitch about it anymore :bowdown:

15. art_VW_shark

our local VW dealer conveniently doesn't get the part when they're supposed to,and has no loaners for my dad.
    he drove a kia rondo to work :mamoru:

16. deusexaethera

I got the car back tonight. Turns out they busted my oil pressure gauge sensor while removing the oil cooler, and they didn't want to give it back til they fixed it. (Good thing too.) Everything looks nicely buttoned-up.

I should start making car payments to myself, and the next time this car takes a shit on me I should just go buy a new one.

17. deusexaethera

It would save me the trouble of selling it.

Seriously though, my shop sells modded cars all the time; I could, in theory, tell them to find someone to buy it and give me whatever's left over after the bill is paid.

You could make that happen right now by not paying attention to me. Wow, you actually have control over your own life! How cool is that!

18. mtnbikekid08

mtnbikekid08 Aime-moi moins, mais aime-moi longtemps

lol, that's what you get for being a faggot on here you douche-bag.
    Karmas a bitch.

19. Priest Tango

Priest Tango Custom User Tits

shoulda used t-clamps on that boost controller hose. only ricers use anything other than tclamps

:blue: