God damn blue screen o death .. help please

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by .Nameless., Sep 5, 2004.

1. .Nameless.

.Nameless. Guest

My roomie installed some new memory a few months ago now at least 2 - 3 times a week I get the BsoD. I've told her time and time again to call Dell for help but she refuses to.

So maybe you guys can help. When the screen comes up I get an error mesage that reads "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" and then at the bottom it says it's physcially dumping the memory. And then memory dump complete.

It's a Dell Dimension Desktop 2350
    640 MB RAM
    Pentium 4 2.20 Ghz

If you need more info let me know. Thank you to anyone can help me.

2. Person

Person Guest

its your memory try replacing the newest stick and run your computer and see if its stable. repeat process if it occurs just mix and match your ram sticks

3. lowfat

lowfat 24/Mac/SciFi/PC Crew OT Supporter

i get the same error but im not on a dell.

4. Midknightster

Midknightster New Member

Change your RAM charge timings in the BIOS. With a Dell hmm that could be interesting but see if there is an "Optimal Setting". If not there will be about 4 to 3 things in a row that deal with the voltages to your ram set them all to the lowest number most likely 2-2-2-5 is the timing you want. Also your friend might have put in the wrong type of RAM for the motherboard and you are slowly burning it out. Check see what type you can handle.

5. .Nameless.

.Nameless. Guest

:confused: I'm not to smart when it comes to BIOS and all that. Could you please try and explain it in a more straightforward way or gimmie links to a good FAQs or something. Thanks.

6. Midknightster

Midknightster New Member

Do you have any computer guys or gals around you? LOL If you were in Edmonton, Alberta or near Regina, Saskatchewan I could hook you up easily. This is a little hard to explain with Dell being a piece and all. There BIOS's are different for every version they bring out.

7. RammsteinGT

RammsteinGT New Member

[​IMG]

8. .Nameless.

.Nameless. Guest

Sadly , no

9. Midknightster

Midknightster New Member

Tell me the RAM you got in your machine and what machien you have (model #, and other specs you know of). I'll try my hardest to figure out a solution.

10. .Nameless.

.Nameless. Guest

Dell Dimension DIM2350
    Windows XP Home Edition SP1
    Pentium 4 2.20 Ghz
    2.19 Ghz
    640 MB of RAM

11. Muchacho_Gasolino

Muchacho_Gasolino New Member

go back to the old memory :dunno:
    could be that your ram speeds dont match, in case your roommate left your old memory in there when he/she installed the new or he/she put in two different kinds of memory