go me

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by jtl090179, Jun 20, 2006.

1. jtl090179

jtl090179 Oh I get it, yeah. He's the girl, then you're the OT Supporter

i just finished up my msf course. go me. now to find a bike. actually found two. one an sv650, red 4k miles, 4G's. this is what i want

my wife wants me to get an 05 suzuki boulevard s83, silver, spoke rims, nice cruiser. 1300 cc, nice bike

either one that i buy ill regret not having bought the other. :wtc: what to do, what to do

2. mnewell

mnewell Lucy.

Buy them both.

3. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Whos it for you or your wife? :mamoru: If your going to be hauling your wife around with you the cruiser would be the better choice.. I wouldnt want to do any long 2up riding on the sv :dunno:

4. machine81

machine81 New Member

2 up on the SV gets a little old after about 45 minutes (city). The suspension on the SV isn't the greatest in the first place and when you put two people on it can get even worse. And for some reason my nuts get smashed into the tank whenever I take my wife. :down: I don't want to discourage you from it though, it's a great bike. If you only occassionally do 2 up then get that one. It'll feel faster and more nimble than the S83. But if you plan on doing a lot of touring or 2 up then go for the cruiser. Personally, my next bike is going to be a Yamaha VMax. It's got a little bit of both worlds, great acceleration and comfortable with two people on it.

Either way, congrats on the license!

5. Frequency

Frequency New Member

i ride 2 up on my buell, isn't the most comfy bike for doign so but it meets its need

6. jtl090179

its up to me of course :hsugh: , but i think im going to go test ride them both today and see how i like them

7. diaper eater

diaper eater OT Supporter

:wavey: i start msf tomorrow.

already been riding for the past month though

8. machine81

machine81 New Member

Lemme know what you think of the S83 power-wise. I haven't seen a review of it, but it looks like a pretty good package to me.

9. jtl090179

the s83 was very strong, almost scary powerful to me since i havent been on anything that big. it handled really good for a bike that size. ok sound and i look good on it. :hs: great bike for the money. worth every penny imo

but the sv was everything i wanted from a bike. i let her out to about 70% limit and i was very impressed. if this is a starter bike im kind of scared what a real supersport feels like :noes:

now the big decision. :wtc:

10. machine81

machine81 New Member

How do you know? Did you look at your reflection in store windows? :rofl:

I do that :hs:

11. jtl090179

:hs: yeah it was parked next to a mirror that i presume is used for the helmets that were on the other side. i caught a glimpse of myself and i couldnt stop looking, i kept thinking "man thats a good looking motherfucker right there"

12. Jujharoo

Jujharoo New Member

I would go with SV
    sport and touring

13. jtl090179

welp i was just talking to my pops and he said instead of financing it he would cash it for me and id just pay him back. so now thats one less thing i have to do in the next couple of days

14. ChatChai

ChatChai OT Supporter

I love the sv650. Very comfortable bike especially if you are commuting to work like myself. If you just took the MSF course I'm assuming you are just learning or insurance. Either way I would wait six months to a year before taking your wife on the bike. Just so that you get more comfortable with the bike. You never know by then you may just want a new bike. So your wife will be a factor then but not now.

15. jtl090179

thats good advice. i dont know if i can really control either bikes with another rider. but heres the shitty thing, i can get the s83 for about 6500 otd. which is about 2G below retail and about 800 below blue book. pretty good deal.

but the sv the guy is selling for 4800 so about 5500 otd. thats kind of a lot for an 01, but its only got 4k miles. i called different dealerships in the state and they all have a ton of mileage and are priced about the same. lets see what happens with this s83 deal. if it falls through then sv it is

16. machine81

machine81 New Member

Whoa!

They're asking $4800 for an '01 SV? F*ck that. I bought my '04 with 2100 miles in Seattle (more expensive than most places) through a private seller for $4150 and it came with a fender eliminator, rear hugger, touring bag, and a heavy-duty cover.

THAT IS A SHITTY PRICE FOR A 2001 SV650 UNLESS YOU LIVE IN DUBAI.

17. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

:werd: shop around a bit more, thats way to pricey, the miles might be low but its still pretty old, since 01 I believe suzuki has updated the suspension a bit and also added fuel injection, your better off buying something newer even if it has more miles on it.

18. ChatChai

ChatChai OT Supporter

Well if the price is the higher factor in buying a bike then just get which ever one you want. If it rides two cool if it doesn't oh well.

19. jtl090179

i have been the last couple of days. i decided on the sv, but the only one i can find thats newer and for sale is either layed down or a few hours drive. theres one in madison, about 1.5 hours but he said theres scrapes. then theres one in minnesota, about a 6 hour drive.

unless someone from the twin cities wants to go do a test ride for me and tell me what you think :x: about the same price as the one im going to buy

20. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

Its conversations like these that make me happy to know my women cant physically wear a helmet (cranial surgery prevents it).
    WHich means, i get to choose the bike i want, pillion be damned.

Not like it matters though, considering the bike will be loaded enough with just my fat ass on it.

21. jtl090179

will you still love me if i buy this sv? :hs:

22. machine81

machine81 New Member

If you're gonna pay that much why not just get a new SV at a dealership? They might even have some 2005 models left that they'll sell on the cheap. You could get a brand new SV for $6000 OTD easy.

23. jtl090179

i couldnt fine any brand new svs, so i bought it. dont yell too much at me

24. ChatChai

ChatChai OT Supporter

congrats...happy riding.

25. machine81

machine81 New Member

Sweet!

Post pics when you get a chance.