GM

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by 04JETTA, Jan 21, 2009.

1. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

2. art_VW_shark

art_VW_shark OT Supporter

3. TriShield

TriShield Super Moderator® Super Moderator

Both Chrysler and GM will be out of money before their next day before Congress too.

A lot of good the Obama/Bush/Dem automotive bailout did.

4. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

:mepoke::gtfo2:

5. you know me

you know me OT where the douchbags play

you're a fucking moron

6. victimizati0n

victimizati0n New Member

people like you are the reason why this country is going to lose 1/3 of its jobs

7. art_VW_shark

The reason I expressed some joy is finally, we see a connection between a company's standing and rank and products. Perhaps this is 1-2 years too late: GM has some darned good products, but they have also have some dinos in their line up. This is 3-4 years of poor product offerings catching up to GM. Now in terms of design, most Toyota products blow too, but clearly America likes 'em.

8. Variant

Variant Cast in the name of God, ye not guilty.

33% unemployment sounds a bit high. Higher than the Great Depression, actually.

9. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

I love how people are all like "capitalism, fuck yeah!" until their favorite industry stagnates for decades and strangely nobody wants to buy their shit anymore -- then they want trade tariffs and fines for offshoring and all that shit.

If we suck at making cars now, how about if we come up with something new for those people to do? Something Asians aren't better at yet?

How about building windmills? Windmills are nice. They're clean too, and every windmill we put up is one less Arab who gets paid to drill oil.

10. you know me

you know me OT where the douchbags play

:rofl:

11. z284pwr

z284pwr OT Supporter

Fixed it for ya ;)

They relied to heavily on truck sales and when they took a major shit, GM's sales took a major hit with everyone having the same ideas that GMs cars suck compared to "imports" they are screwed. It'll take a long ass time before people think they are worth a damn again, if ever. :sadwavey:

12. art_VW_shark

heh. well those don't really matter now. i would say it was the mid-nineties before the largest divergence between american and japanese offerings was most apparent, and when the consumer noticed, and when sales figures started to show that

13. z284pwr

z284pwr OT Supporter

I agree. I think in the 80s, it was still domestics, just because you had to since the Honda and Toyota wasn't nearly as popular yet. I would say around the mid 90s when the Civics/Accords and Camary became extremely popular that everyone started to notice the kind of shit "Domestic" brands were releasing. Then years went by, they didn't improve as the Import brands did and now they can't gain any market share. Most families if they had a killer Camary or Accord, they'll buy another when that one dies, or was leased, then if the next one was good, they'll probably stick with the same brand. I know my parents have. They leased an Accord in '98, loved it, leased another in '01, then got into a TSX in '04 and they kept it. All have been great cars with very little problems.