Glutamine

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Drewski, Aug 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drewski

Drewski New Member

So from what everyone says l-glutamine is pretty useless because it doesn't get to the blood stream/muscles because it gets absorbed/used by other metabolic process.

Are glutamine peptides any better/useful?

2. ralyks

ralyks New Member

ibmacro:"alaninelglutamine!!!"

3. macro

macro New Member

glutamine peptides and alanine-l-glutamine are very effective.

try either and most people notice a significant difference in recovery and muscle soreness.

glutamine peptides are unfortunately not very tasty (and that is being generous) nor do they mix all that well, though they are slightly cheaper for total glutamine content and do provide extra protein (they are a wheat protein hydroisolate). as mentioned they are wheat based, so not suitable for anyone with gluten issues.

Alanine-l-glutamine is virtually tasteless and mixes easily, not wheat based.

AF could carry either, and selling glutamine peptides is more profitable (ALG costs about 6 times as much per kg), but taste and miscibility are big turn offs to most people. So wheat hydroisolates have a pretty limited appeal, even with the benefit most people just wont take consistent because of the taste and mixing issues. So ALG is what they carry.

4. macro

macro New Member

5. TZ

TZ Banned

LAWL

6. y1997

y1997 Made in the U.S.S.R.

Is L-Glutamine really pointless or is it an anafit marketing gimmick? :p

7. evolude

evolude OT Supporter

i really didn't notice a slightest improvement from glutamine

8. macro

macro New Member

its not pointless, its just relatively pointless for what most people buy it for. low doses are quite beneficial for gut health. And in fairness rate of free form glutamine uptake will vary.

that being said alanyl-l-glutamine and glutamine peptides are quite superior in acheiving higher concentrations of plasma and muscle glutamine levels.

9. y1997

y1997 Made in the U.S.S.R.

I know, I read up...I was just busting your guys' balls. I got some free L-Glutamine the other day, so I guess I'll be improving the healthiness of my gut. :o

10. cavefish

cavefish You ain't a crook son, you just a shook one

L-Glutamine sucks ass.

alanyl-l-glutamine is pretty damn good.

11. Sims.0

Sims.0 New Member

isnt that some obscure mexican steroid

12. macro

macro New Member

care to elaborate?

13. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

its a joke stemming from an old fake news story

TEEN STEROID USER ARRESTED
    By: Michelle Stevens, The Associated Press

SHREWSBURY- Anthony Burlas was an all-star athlete, leading his high school football team to victory since starting on Varsity his Freshman year. At 5-foot-9 and 195 pounds, Anthony is a large young man. However, his glory days have come to an end, and the crowds have ceased their cheer- instead of spending his summer working at the local fish market, he is now spending it in jail.

Accusations of the teen's steroid abuse began when in the weight room, teammates witnessed Anthony bench pressing 405 pounds- double his bodyweight. "He'd bench every day, for hours, rep after rep without getting tired." Says former friend Eric Murphy. That was when friends and family suspected steroid abuse.

Things only got worse from there. According to his father James, 47, a bus driver, "He started popping pills and powders, and he stopped eating dinner with the family. He'd pack these atrocious looking meals in Tupperware containers and eat them alone in the basement. That's when we decided to take a look in his room and see what he was hiding."

What James and his wife Judy uncovered in their son's room shocked them to the bone. Hidden under the carpet was a hollowed out portion of the floor, which contained several bags of white powder and yellow pills.

"We didn't know what to think…we did what we had to do…we called the police" Says Judy.

What police eventually found was indeed steroids, one of the most common types- "El Glutamine".

According to Drug Task Force Officer Jeffrey Bercume, "El Glutamine" is a powdered steroid from Mexico. "Cheaper than your higher-end steroids like Testosterone Enanthate, Dianabol, or Deca Durabolin, El Glutamine is hard to detect since it's white, odorless, and can be easily mixed with water, juice, or soda."

Bodybuilders like Dave Palumbo and Ken Jones have both used and abused El Glutamine which, among its host of side effects includes physiques of unbalanced proportion, and mental dementia.

Anthony is scheduled to appear in Worcester Superior Court on August 19.

14. macro

macro New Member

Have not seen that before, sadly would not be surprised to see a "legit" story off the AP like that. Have seen GHB, clenbuterol, GH and of course even creatine called "steroids".

15. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

:rofl: yeah, I'm pretty sure the article is fake... wouldn't surprise me, either.

16. macro

macro New Member

a search turned up repostings of it, but since its rather old at least 2005. Will prefer to think its a joke, the idea that its not ... is just too irritating.

17. Formz

Formz Hipster Santa OT Supporter

I'm on my second container of AL-Glutamine from AF store. I definitely saw a decrease in muscle soreness. I was having a hard time with my quads even two days after, and it really made a difference.

18. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

I've been using nutrabolic's Glutabolic.
    10g scoop is made of glatamine malate, glutamine alpha ketoglutarate and glutamine peptides.

19. gtpjim

gtpjim New Member

20. Formz

Formz Hipster Santa OT Supporter

even if he provides you with some you're just going to find a flaw in it somewhere or write it off as bogus.

I know what your thoughts are on the subject, and others do as well.

21. macro

macro New Member

on which, bioavailability of glutamine or superiority of peptides for plasma uptake via oral admin?

there is limited for both, since most glutamine research is done via injection or iv drip.

However both the studies (unfortunately limited) and user reports (for both peptides (which af does not carry) and alanyl-l-glutamine (which af does carry)) indicate that peptides (including alanyl-l-glutamine) are much more effective for recovery.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.