glutamine, creatine and whey isolates

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by noogles, Jul 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noogles

noogles OT Supporter

i've been going to the gym religiously for the past month or so in an effort to lose weight and get into some sort of decent shape. i'm 5'11" and when i started out i was around 190 pounds. now i'm at 183.
    i start out with running 2 miles every day (before breakfast) after which i hit the weights for about an hour or so. i go home and either cook myself a nice steak or make a tuna sandwich. (or eat out and have some salmon sashimi). at this point if someone notices i'm doing something wrong please point it out.
    today i bought some L-Glutamine (1500mg), Creatine Tablets and some Whey Isolates. i understand i should take 1 gram of protein for every pound i weigh, would it be okay to take in more? when would be the best times to take the L-Glutamine, Creatine and Whey Isolates? and in what dosages?

2. noogles

noogles OT Supporter

oh yeah, read the sticky about protein, just wanna know if there's a certain time i should consume these.

3. TheMustafa

TheMustafa hook 'em

you can get more than 1g/lb protein, but just make sure you stay in caloric deficit. I've heard L-glutamine doesnt do much, so dont know about that. What type of creatine (ie monohydrate or ethyl ester)? Take the whey isolates post work out.

4. noogles

noogles OT Supporter

Creatine Monohydrate 2100mg

5. pt

pt New Member

Yes it's ok to take in more protein. Other problems are highlighted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.