GUN Glockworx Custom Carry

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by yar1182, Jul 26, 2008.

1. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

We are known for race guns but we do quite a bit carry guns/self defense guns too. This is one for a customer that I will be test firing after the match tomorrow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fitted KKM barrel. The feed ramp on this thing is super bling polished, the camera does not do it justice. The crown is excellent too. This thing locks up to the slide tight, absolutely no front end shake, and the hood and lugs are perfect. Trigger is a glockworx fulcrum ultimate. Trigger breaks at 1.5 lbs and the reset is stupid short. Tungsten guiderod w/ 13 lbs ismi spring (customer had a lasermax in this which is what he will probably use, but wanted a tungsten for comparison.) Grip reduction, undercut trigger guard, and aluminum oxide grip finish (we offer a stipple that is better for carry but customer wanted our aluminum oxide), and lastly a fat JP mag release.

This gun is really nice. I'd like to build a glock 19 just like it for my own but substitute a stipple job so it prints less.

2. cantankerously

cantankerously Active Member

I'd buy it - in a 9mm.

3. ZCP M3

ZCP M3 Active Member

damn. Cost?

4. Keesh

Keesh New Member

What's the point of the grip-tape up above the trigger guard, is it for your thumb?

5. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

$800 ish, not cheap but the customer did not want to compromise on his "insurance" as he said. Of course you could do a less extensive job. Most customers just want a stippled grip, a carry style trigger, and some new sights.

6. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

Yes for your thumb of your support hand. Really helps you get your index.

Oh it's not grip tape either. It's aluminum oxide, it is permenent. We dremel on the grip to shave it down, or rough it up. Then we epoxy aluminum oxide onto it. Does not flake off, will last almost forever.

7. NEp8ntballer

NEp8ntballer New Member

that might be the only Glock I'd consider owning.

8. cantankerously

How much would a job like that cost? :eek3:

9. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

Aluminum oxide is $150 stiple is $100.

Both grip jobs you can specify what you want done. Most customers come into the shop with their gun and we take the grip and hit it with the belt sander and the dremel. You can't tell by pictures but a good amount of material is removed. The finger grooves are wacked off, the trigger guard is under cut so you can get a higher grip, the back strap is flattened and a indention is cut for the strong hand thumb so you can reach the mag button easier and not shift your grip.

Once the grip is the right shape for the customer we add a layer of epoxy to strenghten the grip where we took off material. We have not had any grips crack including our open class race guns shooting 9 major (think 9 +P+ but hotter). Then it's either add aluminum oxide grit and dress till it looks nice (takes a lot of time), or we have a soldering iron with a special checkered tip that we do our stipple. The stippling comes out real uniform unlike the nasty hack jobs you might see other shops do.

Costs some money but the grip is formed to your hand. Had some customers with big paws and we acutally made the grip thicker in spots so it fit better. We can even make the grip very 1911'ish which makes it harder for the 1911 snobs to hate on a glock that points like a 1911, and has a sub 2 lbs postive trigger.

10. ZCP M3

ZCP M3 Active Member

:werd: Give me a 26 or 29 with the oxide grip modification, Trijicon sights, and trigger job.

11. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

shitty cell phone pic but this is a stipple job we did on another G23.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. ZCP M3

ZCP M3 Active Member

Yar, do you have a picture of a stipling job? EDIT: Beaten.

Looks like you can turn any Glock into a compensated model as well?

13. cantankerously

Damn, i wish y'all were closer. I'm seriously considering dumping my Kimber Ultra Carry II for a 19 or 19C, and tricking it out some.

14. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

When I go in the shop next week I'll take better pics of the stipple job. I'll also take a pic of my bosses crazy g26. He's got some extended ported barrel and the stipple job mates perfectly with the pinky extension (also stippled). I think he kind of messed it up doing a digital cammo on the slide but it's cool if your into that thing. I think digitial cammo is cool on a full size race gun, but it looks funny on a tiny carry gun.

15. Ebtromba

Ebtromba Active Member

1.5 pound trigger:eek4:

16. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

we actually got one gun down sub one pound. Was like 14.5 ounces. It was too stupid lite in my opinion. It just sits in the safe and we pass it around when people come over to the shop.

Gunsmith "Check out this one" Hands customer the gun.
    Customer after he pulls the trigger "What the Fuck!"
    Yar from across the shop "That thing is too lite, it's stupid lite"
    Gunsmith smiles.

17. jeri534

jeri534 OT Supporter

A lawyer would have a field day with that trigger if it were used in SD...

Nice gun otherwise

18. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

Good shoot is a good shoot. If you were in your legal rights then your going to be OK. If the shoot was not legal it's not going to matter anyway.

Again this gun was kind of unusual hence I took pictures of it. Most of our carry self defense jobs are "sleeper guns". Stock looking with a short postive 4 lbs trigger. While the trigger is 4 lbs the trigger reset is shortened by half.

We did a few personal carry guns for some ATF guys. We get all kinds of requests from cops who want it on the bleeding edge of what their department will allow. We can make the glock do just about anything.

19. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Sessy. I've been wanting to chop the grip on my fullsize p99 but I don't think I can do the plastic work your guys can :big grin:

20. Ebtromba

Ebtromba Active Member

ha. imagine the disclaimer

"a lanyard should always be used, because if dropped, the trigger may be pulled via the wind resistance from the fall. also, not recommend for windy areas"

21. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

More like

Disclamier Glockworx is not responsible if you touch the trigger because trigger is stupid lite. Touching trigger will make a hole in anything gun is pointed at. Do not point gun at anything you don't want a hole in and do not fucking touch the trigger unless you are sure holes are to be made.

22. Liptonucf

Liptonucf wee woo wee woo wee woo

agreed. I saw the "1.5 pound trigger" and I thought to myself... thats a very bad idea for a carry gun...

23. GarandBobcat

GarandBobcat New Member

This. If you have a good shoot, the trigger weight won't matter legally.

Now, if you don't have a Castle Doctrine (and/or Stand Your Ground) law that protects you from civil suits, then it might become an issue. Might.

24. cantankerously

If you don't mind answering this question, say i send in a stock 19/19C to y'all with a budget of $200. What would you recommend get done? It would be a carry/range/home defense gun.

25. Sailor Jerry

Sailor Jerry OT Supporter

Is that grip stuff hard, or is it more of a rubbery feeling?