GUN Glock question

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Cnote67250, Aug 23, 2004.

1. Cnote67250

Cnote67250 Active Member

I've thought about purchasing a handgun latley. My dad had a Glock and he liked it very well, but I have a friend training to be a cop and everytime anyone mentions anything about a glock he constantly keeps saying how "they're plastic guns that fire lower that you point at requiring you to aim higher than you would with other guns."
    Well he's actually not much of a friend anymore but I guess my question is if my friend is a fucking idiot, or actually has some bearing to what he says?

2. Go to your local range and rent a variety of handguns and buy whatever model fits YOU.

3. GlocksRock

GlocksRock Glock > You

Maybe your "friend" just doesn't know how to shoot. I have absolutely no problems hitting what I'm aiming at with my Glocks. He probably just isn't used to the trigger, or he is flinching which is causing him to pull his shots.

4. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

I vote for your friend doesnt know how to shoot

5. ShackleMeNot

ShackleMeNot MINDSET

Three points:
    1. Many people make a lot of excuses for not being able to shoot. Equipment is the easiest to blame.

2. Many cops don't know anything about firearms. Sure, some do but don't believe that your average street cop has access to any skill or knowledge that you couldn't learn in a weekend.

3. Glocks are one of the best built combat pistols currently made. The fact that the lower is made from polymer is a plus and not a minus. Carrying a gun is 99.99999% lugging it around and .000001% using it. Yes, this holds true even for cops. Lighter weapons make the carrying part easier and a polymer frame also aids in corrosion resistance and durability. If "plastic" firearms are so bad, why does nearly every manufacturer make a polymer framed pistol? HK, Sig, Springfield, Steyr, Ruger, S&W, Beretta, and even Kimber all make "plastic" pistols. Many of the new rifles being manufactured are very dependent on polymer components. The XM-8, P90, Steyr Scout, Rem 700 or M24 (hell, I can't think of a high-end precision rifle made without a polymer stock) and of course about 50% of an AR-15/M16/M4 is plastic. Glocks have a very low bore axis and a higher grip angle than many other pistols. They also have a fairly wide grip due to their double-stack magazine design (with the exception of the G36). People who do not understand the fundamentals of basic marksmanship (sight alignment and trigger control) like to complain that there's something wrong with Glock's design. See point #1...

6. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

all glocks do is blow up.

just last week, i was at the range, and some doofus was shooting a glock in the lane next to me. i moved down a lane, knowing full well what might happen in short order. sure enough, he went to set his glock down on the bench, and it just blew up. and not some pussy, half-assed, limp-dick, asian-penis, blowing up. this was a horsecockslap-to-the-face, full-fledged, all-american kaBOOM. the good news is, his fingers made a great group on the target. the bad news is that, like 5.56, they yawed after hitting the paper, and fragmented. they did make a nice tight clover-leaf pattern on the target, even if it was an inch or two high.

7. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

am I sensing sarcasm :eek3:

8. Fire Sauce

Fire Sauce New Member

:rofl: 10/10

9. Cnote67250

Cnote67250 Active Member

Cool, thanks for the replies, i'll just have to see what i'm most comftorable with. And if my friend keeps on his dumb remarks i'll just ignore them.

10. SS109

SS109 3100 FPS OT Supporter

The trouble I have with Glocks and accuracy is their trigger system. If I shoot Glocks all day long, I can be accurate, but going from a single action to a Glock, the trigger feel is all wrong.

Glocks are good, but they are different.

11. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

glock triggers feel REALLY wrong when they imbed themselves in your forehead after you look at your glock funny and it blows up. seriously. glock is now imbedding tiny, photo-sensitive nanochips in its finishes that capture images of the shooter's face at the moment that the trigger is pulled. using the most modern facial recognition software, the pistol deciphers the shooter's facial expressions. if the shooter appears, according to the software, to be enjoying himself in a manner consistent with normal recreational firearm operation, the pistol will function flawlessly. if, however, the person seems to be enjoying himself the way a black male doing a drive by or holding up a gas station might, the pistol blows up in the shooter's hand. this way, innocent lives would be spared, and one more thug would be missing a hand, making it easy to A) identify said thug, and B) follow the blood trail to his cold, lifeless body so you can kick it repeatedly in retribution for spilling his blood all over your QwikieMart, Habib. the problem is, many white people have a tendency to get over-excited when shooting. the natural instinct to shoot handguns in an attempt to overcome penis envy and other male psychological disorders inevitably leads to raw, primal facial expressions during shooting. facial expressions that trigger the Glock Ordinance Neutralization And Destruction (GONAD) system to blow.

12. TwoGuns

TwoGuns Medical Crew

My only complaint with the glock is I don't like the grip. It's just never fit my hand right, and I don't like the sight picture. With all that said, it's a good reliable gun in my opinion.

Oh....and don't use reloads. :) .........EVER

13. GlocksRock

GlocksRock Glock > You

Reloads aren't that bad if you use hard cast bullets, it's the softer lead that fouls up the grooves and causes higher pressure, also mixing in a few jacketed rounds with your reloads to help clear it out isn't a bad idea either. Just make sure you clean your barrel really good after you shoot lead bullets.