GUN Glock > Deagle Army Corporal gets shot my B.P.D.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Jul 23, 2007.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Jul 23, 2007 12:30 pm US/Eastern
    Army Corporal Shot & Killed By Baltimore Police

Derek Valcourt
    Reporting

(WJZ/AP) BALTIMORE An investigation is underway after a Baltimore City police officer says he was forced to shoot and kill a man this weekend, a man that turned out to be a U.S. soldier.

The chaos began just before 2 a.m. Sunday when an uniformed officer working overtime in a garage at the Marketplace downtown came across a group of four men fighting.

As Derek Valcourt reports, the officer tried to break up the fight, even using mace on some of the men but the drama only intensified.

Police officials say one of the men, 25-year-old Army Corporal Alexander Eugene Larkin, pulled out a 50 caliber Desert Eagle handgun and fired, missing the officer--25-year-old Jared Stern.

Stern then returned fire, hitting Larkin several times. Larkin was then pronounced dead at the scene.

"Detectives really want to know what made Alexander Larkin shoot a 50 caliber handgun at a Baltimore police officer who was just doing his job attempting to break up an altercation," said police spokesperson Nicole Monroe.

Larkin's death was the latest in a number of police-involved shootings so far this year. Earlier this summer, two off-duty officers shot and killed a man they said was wielding a gun in the parking lot of a South Baltimore bar.

In April, an officer shot a man who apparently tried to run him over during a traffic stop. Another man was shot in his Wilmington Avenue home after he allegedly tried to attack officers.

In May, police shot a suspect who pulled a gun on them in an alley on Bentalou Street.

In all, police say the number of officer-involved shootings is up from this same time last year.

Police officials say Stern works out of the western district and has been with the department since March of 2006.

As is routine, he has been placed on administrative leave pending the outcome of the shooting investigation.

According to military records, Larkin was stationed at Fort Meade and served in a military intelligence unit. But officials at Fort Meade have not returned calls seeking comment.

Good shoot by the cop and sounds likes he's a good shot too :bigthumb:

2. Dumbstixlars

Dumbstixlars Ron Paul/AR-15/Glock/old car/Scooby/R/C croo OT Supporter

Too bad he was a servicemen. Someone using a Deagle sounds like Hollywood BS.

3. Anders 7

Anders 7 I aim to misbehave OT Supporter

Honestly who carries a Deagle... honestly.

4. Surprised I heard about this first through OT. I was gonna go to Ft. Meade today too haha.

5. clever_username

clever_username Active Member

funny, a fellow sailor i knew carried one. ended up beating the shit out of some guy with it too.

i swear, every time i go to a "navy people" party, a gun gets brought out. glad i get out tomorrow.

6. :eek3:

7. smartypants

smartypants New Member

Good story, can't stand the term "deagle"
    Don't like the gun much either.
    Seems to be a preferred weapon of jagoffs.
    More of a brandishing and flossing weapon than a useful sidearm.

8. KNYTE

KNYTE I'm Not Kidding.

People who think they have something to prove.

9. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

i am surprised the shock wave from the .50 didn't blow the cops arm off

10. KNYTE

KNYTE I'm Not Kidding.

Best urban legend ever.