GUN Glock Crew, school a Noob

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Navvik, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Navvik

Navvik Active Member

What is the key difference between 1st and 3rd gen glocks? i.e. which is better? I cant quite tell so i call upon all of you glock users... help a nga out?

2. AB13

AB13 New Member

Particularly the Grip. The first gen has a smooth front strap, which I like better because my hands size I can get a higher grip without the finger grooves on the Gen 3. And I believe the 1st gens are also a 2 pin configuration. there also weren't bullet indicators as with the Gen 3's. I feel like I'm missing a few more...

3. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

4. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

1st gen had no finger grooves, no light rail, and 2 pin design. and a smooth grip.

The 2nd gen glock was basicly the same thing but with a textured grip.

The 3rd gen glock has a light rail/accessory rail, finger grooves, textured grip, and a relieved area for the thumb. The early 3rd gen glocks were also 2 pin, but the majority of 3rd gen glocks are 3 pin. I would recommend the 3rd gen glock for the rail, and the more solid 3 pin design.

As far as the finger grooves. If you don't like them dremel them off. You can then either do the skatboard tape grip job, a professional die cut stick on grip, rubber grip, or have the grip reduced or stippled. Lots of options.

5. Navvik

Navvik Active Member

:bowdown: thanks a bunch