GUN Glock Adjustable Sight Q (Yar?)

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by vwpilot, Aug 16, 2008.

1. vwpilot

vwpilot New Member

I have a G34 with the adjustable rear sight. I need to make a small adjustment to it and the manual does not indicate which screw does what adjustment and which way to turn the screws. Someone else said that the front one should be windage, but again, there is no indication of which way to turn it to go left/right.

Anyone have this sight and know how to adjust it properly? Yar, you gotta know dont ya? :big grin:

2. vwpilot

vwpilot New Member

mine shoots a little low left from a rest.

3. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

I never really used the factory adjustable sights. Pretty much replaced them as soon as I got the trigger. I assume they would adjust like every other adjustable sight.

Top screw couter clockwise for up
    Side screw couter clockwise for left

4. vwpilot

vwpilot New Member

Actually figured it out at the range today. They actually adjust in pretty significant steps so you could see it move and figure it out. I just didnt want to start trying things if it couldnt be seen easily as I didnt want to get farther off than I was.

In the end though, it turns out its the front sight that is causing it. I started to adjust it and everything just kept staying quite left. I finally realized that the fiber site that was installed is crooked and making the gun shoot left. I'm not sure if its a bad sight or bad install. I'll have to check it out when I get some time.

However, I think I'm dumping the rear sight anyway once I get the front one figured out. I recently put a set of TFO tritium/fiber sights on another gun and really like them and might put them on this gun as well.