GUN Glock 36

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by onedownfiveup, Jun 7, 2009.

1. onedownfiveup

onedownfiveup Active Member

I've been interested in the Glock Sub Compact for a while for carry and recently a guy I know has a Glock 36 for sale that's the slim version. Single Stack magazine.

What are your thoughts on this gun? I haven't heard much about them first time I've heard of their slim version.

$525 comes with everything it came with from Glock, 2 factory mags, RH black DeSantis OWB holster and 100 rounds of ammo.

It has only had 50 rds through it and it was cleaned right after.

2. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

Seems to be the least reliable of all the .45acp Glocks.

Price is ok, but nothing special, at the current rate the 100rds of ammo is worth about $40-$50.

3. onedownfiveup

I think I can go to Cabella's and pick up a Glock 30 BRAND new for $525 - $550. You think I'd be making a better decision doing that?

Or do you think I should go with the Glock 26 instead? I have guns that require 9mm and 45 auto so I'd like to stick with those calibers.

4. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

My daily carry is a G30, which I love. If you are looking for something slim, the G30 probably isn't for you, it's a rather thick gun. It's not really a sub-compact either, even though Glock says it is. With the 10rd mags, it's pretty much the same size as a G19. I love mine, but if you are looking for sub-compact and slim, it's probably not what you are looking for.

G26 is a nice carry gun, but they are a bitch to find right now, at least in my area.

5. onedownfiveup

Is there really a difference in size between the G30 and G26?

I'm not necessarily looking for a slim gun. I just saw it and never knew they had a slim gun.

6. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

G30 is much bigger than a 26. It's almost the same size as a G19, only thicker.

If you aren't after thin, the G30 is nice. 10+1 of .45acp is hard to beat. I've put at least 3k rounds down the pipe of mine, never had an issue. Chews up and spits out any hollowpoints I've put in it to.

7. onedownfiveup

Hmm, looks like I need to handle a few of these guns before I make my final decision. I could have sworn the 26 was same size as the 30 last time I went to Cabella's

8. Ford4Life is right. The G29/30 are very close in size to the G19, and they are a tiny bit thicker.

9. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

While i like the size of the G36 I can't get past the 6 round single stack mag.

The G26's with a grip reduction are really good carry guns.

10. sqwirl

sqwirl New Member

I own and carry a g36. Picked it up used for $425 so I figured what the hell. I love how slim it is. To me the 6+1 doesn't bother me cause mostly before I carried 6+1 of .380. In the future I probably will dump the 36 but it is a nice carrying .45.

11. stapleremover

stapleremover New Member

i havent had any issues with my G36.