GUN Glock .22LR conversion kit

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by sonicyouth, May 7, 2009.

1. sonicyouth

sonicyouth Guest

Anyone have one or know if they are any good?

2. HorseDick

HorseDick Active Member

Go with Advantage Arms.

3. sonicyouth

sonicyouth Guest

are they good though? not going to cause damage to any of my glocks? does it include mags? do you have one?

4. I had one on order from Advantage for ever, and finally cancelled it and bought a 22/45. I've always heard positive things about the kits though.

5. sonicyouth

sonicyouth Guest

what is a 22/45?

6. sonicyouth

sonicyouth Guest

damn. backordered until September

7. Ruger makes it. It's just a .22 pistol. I figured rather than never actually get the AA kit for my Glock I might as well just buy a .22 pistol to have fun with.

8. sonicyouth

sonicyouth Guest

not a bad thought, but I was thinking it would help still train with my glock. :dunno:

9. Yeah. That's why I wanted the AA kit initially. I just got impatient.

10. HorseDick

HorseDick Active Member

Yes, I have an Advantage Arms kit. It only likes high velocity ammo, but when you use decent ammo it runs great. Accurate, fun to shoot, does not cause any damage to anything, and comes with 1 magazine/loader/cleaning kit/rod/sight adjustment tools etc.

It's allowed me to shoot way more than I possibly could have in the recent past with ammo costs the way they are.

11. sonicyouth

sonicyouth Guest

12. sprite

sprite Active Member

Buddy of mine's kid shot an Advantage Arms kit on a Glock 17 for USPSA. It was pretty finnicky, even with the "better" .22LR ammo... with the most common malfuntion being a of failure to extracts, usually resulting in a double feed. Often you'd have to depress the extractor with your thumb and cycle the slide to remove the chambered case. It also needed to be run really wet with a light oil. He got sick of oiling at all the time and tried the light Slide Glide in it and it gummed up.

13. sonicyouth

sonicyouth Guest

meh. nice. thanks man

14. Yep. That's the exact model I have. I bought mine last year locally for less than that though. I don't know what the price these days is, but if you're interested it would be wise to check with local shops. Anything you buy online (assuming it's from out of state) needs to be shipped to and then transferred from a FFL holder. That'll add the shipping cost and whatever the FFL charges to the price.

15. sonicyouth

sonicyouth Guest

yeah, i know about all the transfer fees. just was curious if that was a decent price

16. Oh, sorry. :o Like I said, the price seems a little high, but I haven't looked at their pricing in about 6 months now.

17. Keesh

Keesh New Member

AA kits are good to go. A friend's wife has one and she's put 10-15k though it over 3 years or so I think.

18. john in jax

john in jax New Member

I bought an Advantage Arms kit for the Glock 29/30 and I rate it at 5 out of 10 stars:

1) Only marginally accurate, so you have no idea how good or bad you are doing when practicing. At 7 and even 10 yards I can shoot +/-2" groups with the real Glock uppers, and only 3"-4" with the AA kit.

2) The striker, firing pin set-up in the AA kit is not anywhere nearly as good/smooth as the ones in the real glock uppers, so if you are hoping to get some "trigger practice" in on your CCW it is worthless because it is so rough/different.

3) It's reliable, feeds and functions fine as long as you keep it really clean.

4) Easy on and easy off, easy to maintain.

I wouldn't buy another one and I'd sell this one in a heart beat.

19. JaimeZX

JaimeZX Formerly of :Sep 2001: fame - Also: Sprout Crew OT Supporter

I have the AA kit for my 1911 and it's fantastic. Accuracy out to 25 yards is well, "better than me," and at least as good as with the .45 upper; I've had few malfunctions and most of them were FTF, not FTE.

Ceiners are cheaper but his customer service is shit so I'd rather not support him; if you're gonna order a Ceiner I'd go through Brownell's so you can get their customer service instead of his.

20. smartypants

smartypants New Member

I'm torn between the kit and a used target gun, like a Colt Woodsman.