GUN Glock 21 v. Sig P220

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Carl Brutananadilewski, Jul 21, 2004.

1. Carl Brutananadilewski

Carl Brutananadilewski Active Member

I will probably be purchasing one of these two weapons soon. Opinions on both. Which one would you opt for? Price isn't really much of an issue.

The gun would be purchased for duty carry, so I'll have it on me a large portion of my day. Due to this, it's got to be reliable and ultra-durable. I'm pretty much a n00b to guns, especially handguns, so any help is much appreciated.

2. ryanbum

ryanbum Its the one that says Bad Mother Fucker on it

Sig is a great gun with a great trigger. As far as duty wear I would go for the Glock. It is alot lighter and durable as hell. It WILL work under all circumstances. The difference in weight will be noticable on your Sam Browne when you have to have your gun, ASP, 2 pair of cuffs, 2 extra mags, flashlight, and mace.

3. Carl Brutananadilewski

I am leaning towards the Glock, basically for the reasons you mentioned. The weight will definately be a factor as well, since my belt is already pretty heavy as is :hs:

topglock.com has a sale going on as well, and a G21 is $479

4. Joe_Cool

Joe_Cool Never trust a woman or a government. Moderator

I've never shot the sig, but I own a Glock 21 and I love it.

5. spyder007

spyder007 Bаnned bу Ѕuреr Μоdеrаtоrs

I'd go glock for the reasons mentioned above, as well as the fact that I've never found a sig that fits well into my hands. I've looked, held, and fired many, just haven't found one I like.

6. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

Go with the Glock. It's as reliable as your going to find in a duty weapon, and with LEO mags it can hold 13 rounds of .45 acp vs. the 8 rounds of the Sig.

7. Carl Brutananadilewski

I will be renting and firing both the Glock and Sig tomorrow morning, and possibly a few others. I'm really leaning towards the Glock, especially with the sale price ($479 v. $580 for the one at the gun shop).

Thanks for the replies.

8. Diesel4mee

Diesel4mee U.P. > L.P. OT Supporter

sig is a better gun. its been tested the only was a glock could have anything on the sig is the price. sig r some of the highest quality manufactured guns u can by. that rn't custom or uber high quality. ex. sphinx, wilson combat

9. ryanbum

ryanbum Its the one that says Bad Mother Fucker on it

Its all about ergonomics when it comes to duty wear.

10. shohan

shohan New Member

I'd prefer the Sig for the reputation of accuracy, reliability and craftsmanship. If your worried about weight check out the Sig Pro series. They have a polymer frame just like the Glocks and comes in your choice of flavors, .357 Sig, .40 S&W, or 9mm. From your choices though it looks like your looking for a .45.

11. GlocksRock

GlocksRock Glock > You

Got to give my vote to the Glock, but I still absolutely love SIGS, although in reality, the Glock would be better for duty carry.