GUN Glock 19

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by yar1182, Jan 31, 2009.

1. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

Quick and shitty pictures. Will take better pictures latter.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Glock 19 w/ major grip reduction (flattened backstrap, removed finger notches, thinned to sides), stripple texture, big undercuts of trigger guard.

Fulcrum trigger, new prototype connector and striker, tungsten guiderod, factory extended controls.

Dawson fiber optic front, champion bomar style rear melted into the slide.

I'm going to shoot it for groups after the match tommrow. If it is acceptable I'll keep the stock barrel, if not then I got a briley match barrel I can put in it.

2. Bloody Sunday

Bloody Sunday OT Supporter

did you do the stippling?

3. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

yes, it came out really well. Not that you can tell in the shitty pics.

4. Bloody Sunday

how do you flatten the backstrap? just melt shit away?

5. James Hook

James Hook Never trust a government that doesn't trust its ow

Still looks like shit.

6. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

belt sander and dremel.

7. Bloody Sunday

wish i had the scratch to do shit like that to mine

8. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

[​IMG]

Better picture of how the stipple comes out. From my G35

9. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

This your carry gun?

So you decided to run Champions on it? What are your experiences with adjustable sight failures? I personally haven't had any, but I don't have very much time with them.

Also, What are you doing for a magwell? Looks like it's been extended, or is that just the amount of material removed from the grip?

Oh... and while you are at it tell me about how you have your trigger set up. Will it run any/all primers for the most part, or is it tailored to a specific setup?

I got another Glock and am looking for directions to go in, hence the questions....

10. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

Yes this is going to be my primary carry gun. I'm going to convert my 26 to something similar too.

With the 19 I wanted to get it to point and index like my G35 limited gun. By going with the same sights I get the same sight picture too. If I'm ever in a defensive situation I can revert back to all that muscle memory and subconcious reaction from competition shooting. The sights are fairly durable. If I needed to make long or precision shots I have that ability. I'm a great index shooter for anything under 15 yards. So for the most part I don't need the sights until I take the head shot. Body, body, head.

No magwell. I am going to flood the back channel with epoxy and shape it like a sevigney speed well.

Trigger is a Fulcrum. It's completely reliable and lights all primers. While I recommend most people should set their fulcrums with a 3-4 lbs pull. I got this one at about 2 lbs just so it's like the trigger on my competition gun. It's what I'm used to and what I practice the most with so it makes sense for me. The safety is actually more reliable than stock since it has a real spring instead of the plastic toothpick for tention that the glock factory safety uses. I've worn out several factory safeties when I ran them on my open guns (pre-fulcrum)

Understand that since I work for Glockworx I spend a lot of time playing salesman. We do a lot of self defense and carry guns so it makes sense for me to have one done up that I can demo for people.

11. Nolimit26927

Nolimit26927 High Class White Trash OT Supporter

Personally I don't like the way it looks, but the other grip job you had posted before in another thread, I think looked really good.

12. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

Who cares how it looks it's a tool. Gun sits low in my hand for better recoil management and indexes naturally. I do prefer the aluminum oxide texture but the stipple prints less.

13. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Cool Cool.

Thanks for the heads up. I figured you were sitting it up to be like your raceguns, as that would only make sense. Just noticed the adjustables and wanted to hear your opinion, as I'm sure you've shot them more than I have. I had my production gun cut for LPA's, which after talking to Angus about almost regret (thinking I should have went with the Champions instead).

Trigger sounds cool, might have to sell some stuff and check one out. My last Glock went through two different trigger "kits" (obviously not yours), and both were complete dog shit. The trigger itself sucked, and I was having all kinds of problems with light strikes. Glad to hear that there is a good alternative for people just wanting a better Glock trigger, that can still be used outside of competition.

Hope to get some free time next week (expected snow here), and maybe I'll break out the Dremel and sander and work on reshaping my 17 some.