GUN Glock 19 - Austrian Proof - What does this mean?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Wobistdu, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Wobistdu

Wobistdu Guest

Is this mainly for nostalgia, or is the gun better.

Picking one up new on Saturday. Doubt it is the Austrian proof one or whatever.

Should I care? :dunno:

2. GlassUser

GlassUser send an email not a pm OT Supporter

Not really. It might get you a few extra dollars from a dork if you were to sell it, but that's it.

3. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

It's more truly tested from what I understand. Each one is indiviually test fired with overcharges, etc. At least that's how it was explained to me.

4. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

i watched a youtube video where a guy fired 1000 rounds in 14 minutes thru his glock (with witnesses) and it made it thru them all, the guide rod did jump out of the handgun with a couple magazines left but the spring stayed put and did it's job anyway allowing the remaining rounds to be fired. pretty impressive to watch a gun put to the test like that and continue fire even with a part that seems pretty important flying out of the weapon lol

5. thegooch

thegooch OT Supporter

During the Obama craze Glock North America couldn't produce pistols fast enough, so they imported them from Austria. Aside from a few cool markings it's not worth any more.

6. Wobistdu

Wobistdu Guest

got ya. i did some googling and found this. so the guns are identical then i take it.

no biggie