GUN Glock 10mm Question

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by acabrera, Jul 22, 2003.

1. acabrera

acabrera Rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated.

Does Glock make a 10mm pistol that is around the same size as the Glock 23. I'm looking at the numbers on their site and it looks like the 29 is closer in size to the 27 than to the 23.

Also, are their any hi-cap pre-ban magazines available for the 29?

2. GlocksRock

GlocksRock Glock > You

The 29 is a little fatter but a slightly shorter with regards to grip and barrel than the 23. But the 29 is a little bigger than the 27. If I were at home I could send you a pic of the 30 and the 19, and 26 which are the same size as the 29 and 23, and 27. Pearce makes a grip extender so that you can get a full grip on the gun if you like, they are only a few bucks a piece. I can email you a pic of all three toghether if that would help. As far as hi-caps go, you would have to use a hi-cap glock 20 magazine, I don't think you could fit much more than 10 rounds in that small magazine anyway. The glock 30 flush fitting mag only holds 9 rounds, all larger glock mags work in the smaller sized guns of the same caliber, i.e. a glock 22 mag will work in a glock 23 and a glock 27, and a glock 21 mag will work in a glock 30, but you obviously can't use the smaller mags in the larger guns.

3. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

Whatever the numbers say, in the hand and in the holster, the 29 is closest in size to the 23, not the 27. The 27 handles noticably smaller. If you want a 10mm semiauto though, the G29 is as small as you'll find.

As GR said, 10rd is the most that will fit flush in the grip. Model 20 15rd mags will fit and function fine, but they will hang out past the end of the grip.