GUN Glen Seekins was good to a man in New Jersey

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Market Garden, Sep 27, 2009.

1. The Seekins .223 DBM setups are pretty much impossible to get. Seekins is redesigning part of the magazine to allow short cartridges to feed better, so until that's done he's out of stock on them. I know this because he responded to a thread I made on Sniper's Hide about the setup. I was really bummed. Anyways, some guy in NJ PM'd me a few minutes later and said that he had a brand new .223 DBM setup from Seekins that he'd never gotten around to using, and he'd sell it to me for what he paid for it. I was like :bowdown: Inletting my stock was a pain in the ass because it's got a full length aluminum bedding block in it, so we had to cut that in addition to the fiberglass. Fortunately we had a die grinder with a carbide cutting bit, so that took care of the aluminum. The hard part was cutting the pillar area in the rear deeper. The die grinder wouldn't fit there, so I got a straight router bit and chucked it into my dad's drill press, and we used that like an end mill. In the end it worked out well and this thing feeds like a dream.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Crossett

Crossett New Member

3. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

4. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

The Seekins stuff definitely looks like the way to fly in 223AI.

I notice there are no shots from the bottom of the rifle. Fess up...... were you drunk and fucked up the install? ;)

Were you having feeding problems before? You do that trick to the magbox like I told ya to?

5. The bottom is decent, but using the drill press as an end mill caused a small problem. On one side of the rear pillar we went a little too far to the side and cut about 1/8th too far. It's not noticeable unless you're looking at the bottom, and when I get around to it I'll fill it in and paint it and you won't be able to see it.

The factory setup would feed, but it wasn't very smooth, and as the bolt stripped the round from the magbox the feed lips would score the case. I didn't do anything to modify the feed lips, as I really wanted the DBM anyways.

6. Feeds so smooth:

[y]U9Ke6KOkISo[/y]

7. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

in the vid its a left handed bolt, in the pic its a right? :confused:

8. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

details like woah

9. Crossett

Crossett New Member

mirror

10. Sorry, I should have mentioned that the video capture program on my Mac mirrors the video for some reason. I should have captured it with Quicktime Pro and it would have shown properly. The rifle is a right hand configuration.

11. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

oh lol.

:apple: :mamoru:

12. I don't know why the fuck it does it. Like I said though, if I had used Quicktime Pro to do it (also Apple) it doesn't mirror the video. I didn't think about it until after I had posted the video.

13. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

haha its ok. i watched it like 5 times to make sure my brain wasnt fucking up or something.