Glass question

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by cabriolet, May 2, 2003.

1. cabriolet

cabriolet ...

Really two questions in one,

1) On I-25 here in NM, they are tearing up part to lay new concrete, well some jagoff cut me off and sent a >quarter sized rock onto my t-top. It didn't chip it, or or crack it, just kind of gouged it...should I do something to fill it in so it doesn't crack? I hear my t-tops go for ~$500 :eek:

2) same time, there was concrete dust getting kicked up all over by cars...namely the same jagoff, and now I have thousands of little balls on my car...almost like tiny pieces of sap...should I just clay bar the crap out of it then wax it?

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

1. You really can't fix a gouge in glass. If you had an actual chip, they make kits that will fill them in and keep them from breaking or you can pay someone about $30-35 to do it for you.

2. Clay should work. Wash your car down real good first and removing concrete dust will probably waste the clay bar, so don't expect to use it again.

3. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

I had a gouge in my glass, it seemed pretty big at the time, but the woman said it was very small. Safelite came out and fixed it no problem, it was free because of my insurance.

Check Safelite.com, it's really hard to say without them seeing your glass, the website should give you an idea. Scott may be right, though. All I know is they fixed mine. :dunno: