Glass Cleaner for Window's with Tint and Leather Cleaner

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by sportsjunkie, Aug 1, 2008.

1. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

I have a few questions (I've read the stickies but would like more input/suggestions)

First, I am wondering if any of the glass cleaners mentioned in the detailing thread are ok for windows with tint or does it not affect it at all? If it does, what is a good cleaner

Secondly, I've heard Lexol and Zaino leather cleaner/conditioner are great products, but I'm having a hard time trying to find a site for zaino. And does anyone have a preference between the two?

2. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

Windows - Stoners Invisible Glass window cleaner FTW! I usually just put a squirt or two on a paper towel and do one window at a time.
    [​IMG]

As far as leather goes, I've only used Mequiars Gold Class Leather cleaner for the last 145k a few times a year and except for the drivers seat which is showing minimal wear on the bottom left the rest of the seats look brand new. Foam or spray with microfiber towels seem to work the best, wipes for quick touch ups. I even use it every other month or so on the dash for added shine, although it does tend to attract more dust on the dash then when I just use Meguiars Quick Interior Detailer.

Both of these products are carried by Wal Mart, AutoZone, O'Reilley's etc easy to find.

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

All the glass cleaners recommended in the stickies are tint safe.

Honestly, from what I can tell, Zaino products are either straight copies or slightly tweaked versions of Duragloss products at a much higher price. The leather conditioner smells great but as an actual leather conditioner, it isn't any better than anything else. The Duragloss equivalent is supposed to smell just as good and it is more readily available. Another good leather conditioner is Meguiars Gold Class for Leather and you can find it almost anywhere. Smells great, leaves a very light satin sheen and isn't at all greasy.

The best leather conditioner is Leather Master's Leather Vital but it isn't cheap. Most places have it for $60 a quart but I have a distributor who buys from Leather Master in bulk and sells me quarts for $38. You can contact him through his website. Not sure what he charges for shipping. http://www.colorglodallas.com/OPTProducts.htm

4. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

thank you both :)

5. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

:love: