SRS Giving the Lesser Known Guy a Chance v. why not girls?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by arseclown, Dec 16, 2007.

1. arseclown

arseclown Guest

What's up, I just had one question to ask the ladies of OT.

A couple months ago I was at this friend's birthday party, she was turning 22. One of her friends was 18 (i'm 20). What ended up happening was when the birthday went to watch Transformers, her friend and I basically talked for the whole night just by ourselves. So, about a week goes by and I run into her on my college campus (and i'm like, holy shit! you go to my college lol) and this becomes a common thing over the next 2 weeks. Turns out, I'm really really good friends with her best friend. I tell her best friend I'm considering asking her out to just a small little "get to know you" type thing, just something small that allows for more talking than anything else. She was like "OK, I'll tell her you're the shit next time I talk to her." She does that, I ask her out, and I get the fucking card of death "Oh, I'll call you." line. Her friend ends up telling me that because she doesn't know me as well, she's not too hot on the idea of going on a date. And I'm friends enough with our mutual friend where she'll tell me the straight truth, so I trust the "don't know you well enough" line is the truth and not a sugar-coated version of some other rejection. So, right now I'm just :ugh2: because isn't the point of going on a date to get to know the person?

So my question is: Even when a guy and a girl hit it off well from the start (we got each other laughing even when we basically didn't know who each other was at the birthday party), and the girl's best friend tells you that this guy is just the shit, why do you girls just not take that one little risky step in just doing something with the guy to get to know them?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2007
  2. arseclown

arseclown Guest

And I didn't even say the word "date", I just asked if she'd want to do go to this one place around the area this weekend and she just did the "oh, i don't know" bullshit.

3. arseclown

arseclown Guest

Makes sense. Crazy youngins these days.

4. daxtrader

daxtrader New Member

You're wrong. It is exactly that, a sugar-coated rejection. If a girl is interested, she'll definitely want to get to know you. Sometimes two people automatically click even if they met briefly for the first time. They can't wait to see each other again, so all this talk about not knowing you well enough is nonsense.

5. arseclown

arseclown Guest

The thing is I didn't do most of the talking, I did mostly questions and asked more about her than I telling stuff about me. :hsughc:

6. arseclown

arseclown Guest

7. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

I don't see why you made this topic, aside from the fact that you were feeling sucky about being rejected.

Shit happens. For whatever reason, she wasn't interested.

This question is like a girl asking a guy "well, why don't you give that girl a chance?" Now imagine the girl in question is 250 pounds.

Make sense now?

8. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

She already likes the kind of guy she likes. The only thing you can do is find out if you're that kind of guy. This time, you weren't.

9. arseclown

arseclown Guest

I'm your average white guy, not fat, not skinny. I go to the gym, have an open as fuck personality. I'm short, but the girls I find interesting are shorter than me. I'm comfortable around women, I'm sarcastic as fuck, have friends, get drunk.

That should = instant vagina right?

10. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

Because she doesn't have a High Interest Level in you at all. Just because she thinks you might be a cool guy doesn't mean she is insterested in you romantically. If she were, she'd have said yes. Her excuse is merely an excuse, it's not the real deal. If Mr. Right came along and met her 5 minutes before, she'd say yes to him.

She's not interested bro. Next!

BTW, don't be torn up over this, you don't even know the girl. Big whoop. Meet other women.

11. arseclown

arseclown Guest

i'm not torn up or anything, i have a habit of getting annoyed when very little things like this happen to me.

no biggy broseph, thanks for being clutch. you've reached a new level of the brotmosphere.

12. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

it means she wasn't attracted enough to you to want to get to know you better

essentially, you gave away too much of yourself too soon and she lost interest

13. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

stop talking like that and your odds of getting laid will improve

14. arseclown

arseclown Guest

i obviously talk like i'm on an internet forum in real life

15. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

maybe, maybe not, but you sure seem defensive and behave as if you have to sell yourself to people to have them like/respect you

16. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

little things like this happen to everyone, more often than you think. They aren't worth getting annoyed over

17. arseclown

arseclown Guest

very true.

18. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

in all honesty, i do too :o

but it's something I'm working on.

Invariably, it causes you to come across as either defensive or a braggart, and tends to turn people away