Giving my GF confidence

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Pringles, Jan 7, 2006.

1. Pringles

Pringles New Member

Lately I've now got her to identify with me that she has no self-esteem/confidence which is true. She was on our varisity volleyball team, 4.0 in honors and aps. Smoked me on the SAT/ACT, blah blah blah. Were all special and good at different things and different ways. Yet she isnt satisfied with herself. I asked her why she does it and she says not to get grounded. Logically I realize that may be some reason, but I'm sure she loves to learn and challenge herself. She admitted to that. I just need to get her to be more confident so she won't be so hidden in public. I'm also trying to better another person. I told her she is going to start working out soon b/c she considers herself fat. Don't ask me how that works I think she is 5'9" and weighs 140-150. Shes rather tall and by god shes pretty damn thin to my eyes. This was my first step. She also liked and persued my idea of writing in a journal(I was also proud of her when she said I couldn't read it). Anyway what are some more ways I can build self-esteem in her. If she could one day come up to me with full self-esteem I would reach a new level of happiness I have never felt before.

On the flip side maybe I'm greedy? Maybe she is supposed to suffer and that is her character?

Any thoughts or ideas are greatly welcome.

2. scaryice

scaryice New Member

It has to do with how she was raised. Her parents probably put a lot of pressure on her.

3. Pringles

Pringles New Member

Yes it is her mother that did this. She knows it and I know it. But I want to change her so, she wont be so shady and hidden. She has lots of potentional to be a great person, she just hides because she isnt confident.

4. Epiphany

Epiphany 78% of all statistics are made up on the spot

I think you are doing great things for her. :) I like your approach and she does sound like a great person. She will get there.. but it will take time. You just have to keep supporting her and encouraging her to be less critical of herself. Make sure you continue to emphasize to her all her finer qualities in a serious way. Some guys do it in a firty way and it doesn't hold as much weight as it does when they do it in a way that shows they really mean it. It sounds like you do that. She will come around.