Giving my brother my guitar.

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by DarkDruid, Sep 7, 2007.

1. DarkDruid

DarkDruid The Power of The Awesome

So i decided since for Christmas I am getting a Les Paul I ought to hand down my guitar to my older brother. I gave it a little thought and I liked the idea so I decided I am going to take off the paint and redo it in the color he wants and customize it a bit. Anyways here goes:

This is the guitar:
    [​IMG]

Disconnect Neck From Body:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

No more Neck!!
    [​IMG]

Me trying to stay organized: [​IMG]

Opened up guitar, taking everything out:
    [​IMG]

Have to unsauder this part to get the whole thing out:
    [​IMG]

I then spent 4 hours sanding the damn paint off and didn't touch my camera because it covered my whole garage with sawdust. I have since painted it but I still gotta sand the paint down before I put any finish on it or anything. I will keep you all posted. :)

2. Boltzz

Boltzz New Member

nice, looking forward to update pics :big grin:

3. spanker

spanker New Member

My older brother gave me his 1983 ES35
    I have wanted it since he bought it (1983)
    he gave it to me in 2003
    long wait for such a sweet guitar

BTW I too have a 1977 Black Les Paul Custom

4. DarkDruid

DarkDruid The Power of The Awesome

********UPDATE

Being this is my first attempt at something like this I was bound to make at least a few mistakes or change my mind and such. :coolugh:

Anyways I had spray painted the guitar red first and made a second coat of black that faded from the edges and into the red which was center. It was sick looking but I discovered a few things. #1 I didn't spray evenly enough. and #2 I didn't sand fine enough.

So...
    I had to re sand all the spray paint off again and then sand down the guitar with even finer sand papers until it was very very soft wood. Then I taped it up and am staining the center a dark red. I will post pictures up tomorrow after work when #1 its sunny and #2 the stain is dry so you can see this progress. Anyways have a good night all. I will keep you posted with pics next time!!